Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

× Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

High altitude

More
3 years 2 months ago #6224 by Colin Ansell
I am going to the Himalayas next week. I have a D7000,and I intend just to take my18-300 lens to keep weight down. What would be the best settings for landscape shots. Are there any issues at very high altitudes? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #6226 by jerry
There is no "correct" setting for any shot, just the one that gives you the correct exposure and you can have several different settings to get the same exposure, thats if your shooting manual. If the sun is out, try to shoot with the sun behind your back, you will then have a rich blue sky if its sunny. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but if its a "keepsake type of shot" then just do the best you can and perhaps use a polarizer filter.

Sometimes if there are puffy clouds, i'll actually underexpose some to keep the detail in those clouds.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
3 years 2 months ago #6228 by Jim St Croix

More
3 years 2 months ago #6234 by Gregory Cazillo
Great answer thanks Jerry!