Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Flickr

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4277

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
So, what do we all think of the new Flickr design?

I know there have been some reports of people who are unhappy with it but isn't that always the way when something familiar is changed? Youtube is always making changes and people are always moaning about it but once they get used to it, it all turns out fine.

I may be in the minority but I really like it. I think it gives Flickr's interface a much needed facelift and refresh. I was finding the old interface a tad old and dated. The new one reminds me a lot of the way 500px has always been. I don't have 500px, but I had been thinking about getting it.

Anyway, I like it a lot and I imagine most people will come round and un-delete their Flickr accounts. :P

Let me know what you think of it. :) Here is a link if you were looking for one.
Conor Casey
Flickr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4280

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi :)

Yeah i heard that on the news and went to check it out..

I have to say.. it looks nice and i can find my way through. It works a bit slower for me at the moment.. but i think i can get used to it.

I cannot say at this moment what i am missing or not... but i will figure that out :)

Also, the sharing option changed, so i think i (or Greg) need to update the guide to upload images :)

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4283

• Erik Ballew
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I don't care much about the new layout, but since we are not pro's anymore, it sure is nice to never see error about using too much space per week.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4284

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
If you were a pro and canceled to go free you probably got suckered. They now say if you are pro,with an automatic renewal it will keep going at that rate. Change happens, but not normally so sneaky and greasy as this. Pissed a lot of people off when the CEO said there are no longer photographers out there.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4285

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Well... to be honest... i don't like the fact that you can buy the term Pro Photographer.

You are a pro photographer if you are making living out of it or when you make that quality work that it can be considered as a Pro.

I have seen alot, and i mean really alot of images from people so called Pro Photographers which are not that quality a real pro would stand for... :)

Just my 2 cents..

P.s. not that i'm doing everything right.. but i hope you will get the point.

Greetings,
Roy

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4286

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
Didn't buy it for the "PRO" badge. actually didn't know that was attached to your handle till i got it.And calling yourself pro whether or not you make a living from it doesn't matter to me. Most people don't call themselves pro accountants or pro fireman.What you produce does. I bought the account to have unlimited uploads and no advertising. If i want no advertising now i would have to pay double. Now i don't as i have an automatic renewal.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4287

Eh its ok. Annoying how it takes more work to find exposure when I'm teaching someone. Image posting instructions have been updated, any changes?

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4288

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Greg,
It seems to be all there.It seems to be just the usual, add title,description,tag etc...

You have to hit click the 3 dots on the right to get a more detailed menu for your photos.
They do have shortcut keys but it doesn't include exif data.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4298

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I like the layout, but that was about as far as I got... too busy atm :(

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4302

• Erik Ballew
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Well I've been playing with it now, and I'm starting to at least the money I've been saving. No longer have to buy CD-R's or postage. I've just been grouping the photos and sending people their links. 1 terabyte is plenty for this.

New Flickr 3 years 6 months ago #4303

• Conor Casey
I never had pro because the ads never really annoyed me in the first place and I never got anywhere close to exceeding my limit in terms of storage so I was unaffected by the change.

The new extra amount of storage is great, although I can't see myself needing all of it.

That comment by the CEO was reckless and stupid though. I can see what she was trying to say - that cameras (even on phones) are so good these days we can all take photos and upload them to the web - but the way she communicated it was so reckless and bigoted that she correctly angered a lot of people; it was totally wrong to say that there are no pros these days.

One thing that has annoyed me a bit having used it properly now is the slideshow thing that plays when you click on your image in the light-box. It's a nice idea but it is working very slowly and seems clunky to me. I do like the interface though still.
Conor Casey
Flickr

New Flickr 3 years 5 months ago #4329

• Conor Casey
Gregory Cazillo wrote:
Image posting instructions have been updated, any changes?
Yes, the new instructions are helpful and it's working fine. I just posted an image. Thanks. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr
  • Page: