Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Photo Blog Tips/Suggestions

Photo Blog Tips/Suggestions 2 years 6 months ago #6002

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've been considering starting my own blog as a personal project to tell stories using photos. I have a general idea of how I want it to look and what content I will be posting. I know some of you have your own Blogs and personal websites. What issues have you run into when creating your own blogs? Should I bother with model release forms if Im going to be posting photos of others (family, friends, strangers, etc) online? I dont plan on selling any of my content. This is more of a side project for me and Im open to your thoughts and opinions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Photo Blog Tips/Suggestions 2 years 6 months ago #6004

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
When posting photos of others (Friends and Family), I get permission via email, and tell them if they want it taken down at a later date, let me know and I will. As long as you show basic human respect, you shouldn't have problems.

For strangers, you can make it part of your contract. That photos will be used for promotional purposes.

Can't find an example for photo releases, but releases pertaining to sports, etc do not always hold up in court. I also know from my boss, he had to take down an interview because there were children in the background and the parents did not want them there even though they had signed waivers.

sportslaw.uslegal.com/tort-law/waivers-and-releases/

Of course in the case of my boss, it was not the law making him take it down but the station which feared action from the law.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Brent Ross.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today