Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: D90 focus issues

D90 focus issues 4 years 4 months ago #1758

I am getting more and more soft images with my D90.. so I sent my camera and lens(24-70/2.8/nikon) back to Nikon just two day's ago... I am anxiously waiting to here back. Of the 200 or so pics I took the other day about 90% of them are soft. Here is an example....Not all are this soft, but it is obviously missing focus.
DSC_9881.JPG

anyone else have an issue with the D90?
thanks
Dave
2.8@1/1000

Why is My pic sideways....?
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Dave Brown.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: D90 focus issues 4 years 4 months ago #1770

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Dave,

Do u use auto focus? Maybe Greg can give you some tips on it. Let me see where the vids are.

Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Roy van Ommen.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

D90 focus issues 4 years 4 months ago #1828

Make sure you are using the right focus modes in your camera....

Re: D90 focus issues 4 years 4 months ago #1835

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
I had/have the same issues with my camera... And you know, its because i am trying to be too quick...

Even at 1/2000 sec i had soft focus. Because i was doing it too quick. Try to take the time to "create" the image. Is every setting in your camera ok? Is your AF mode ok? Are your ISO settings ok for the time of the day...

Do you have the same problem in one of the auto modes? I mean, i don't want to get you in auto.. but maybe if you try the sport mode for a little test, maybe they are better ans do you know that you have to take more time to create a image.

Good luck :)

Re: D90 focus issues 4 years 4 months ago #1844

Hey Greg, I heard from Nikon......there is a focusing issue with my D90...after some research I have found many others with similar issues. I know it's not a $3,000 camera but...it's my second D90 in less than 2 years. I could see it clearly missing focus with my last few projects. Anyway...I'm improving and gaining more confidence with each shoot....flash is no problem....looking for my next camera....what would you suggest? Do I need full frame in order to charge for my work? Also, I am a little skeptical about the 800....don't care about pixels......give me low light capability?.... I gotta believe that there is a 300s replacement coming soon.......? What do you think....keep in mind, I wanna do this for a living.

Re: D90 focus issues 3 years 5 months ago #4367

• S Clark
  • Fresh Boarder
Po can you tell us what the problem was and if its common? Any info on it would be helpful.