Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nikon D3100

Nikon D3100 4 years 4 months ago #1885

• Freddy Gdinsky
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I bought my first camera, D3100, on amazon. When I Received it the camera will not go into live view which means I can't use video, either. My @uestion is should I send it back? It would probably take up to two weeks to get it refunded and get a new one. And I probably would never use LV or video but I just want to be able to do video, if needed. Is there any.way nikon would be able to help? Thanks!
youtube.com/gdinsky
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Nikon D3100 4 years 4 months ago #1886

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Definatly!

But did you tried the manual? Maybe a little dumb question, but every camera has a different button or option for live view. But when you enter video mode.. your screen does not turn on?

So when you turn the mode dial to video mode, your screen stays black?

If so, its mallfunctioning, and you have to send it back. You have full garanty, so you should get a new one immediatly.. so called DOA (Death on Arrival..)

Good luck,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Nikon D3100 4 years 4 months ago #1887

• Freddy Gdinsky
  • Junior Boarder
On the D3100 there's a switch to go into LV and when I switch it to turn it on, it doesn't do anything. And to do video you go into LV and than click the record button and it'll start recording.
youtube.com/gdinsky

Re: Nikon D3100 4 years 4 months ago #1888

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Last try is a factory default from out of the menu, and a firmware upgrade if available..

Greetings,
Roy

Nikon D3100 4 years 3 months ago #1932

Yes send it back that could be the start of many issues...that is if you aren't doing something wrong preventing live view.

Re: Nikon D3100 4 years 3 months ago #2023

• Mark Giblin
  • Fresh Boarder
Amazon is like eBay, a dumping ground, you have to be careful because you may have purchased a lemon.

I had my fill with Amazon and I didn't buy anything from them, well I did but made a query about the item I was wanting and they released the goods and sold them to someone else but tried to sell me a second hand unit for more money than it is brand new.

Strange site and I am now wary of it.

So my advice is to take this up with amazon as to what you have actually purchased because if you have purchased what you believe to be brand new unused as in retail boxed and you have been issued with a second hand item, you have good grounds for complaint.
I like shooting things, sometimes I will use my camera...