Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Worth the upgrade?

Worth the upgrade? 3 years 10 months ago #3187

I have a d7000 that I haven't been that happy with. It's focusing mainly, is my problem. My other issue with it is just it's limitations, nothing wrong with the cam. I have a d5000 as well, which seems to focus better. The d7000 is a wonderful cam otherwise, it's files look wonderful. The dynamic range and noise is much better than my d5000(among other things). I've been looking at used d700's recently. I can sell all my DX gear and even have a little left over. If I do that though, all I will have for lenses is the nikon 70-200 and a tamrom 28-75(which I would possibly sell as well to put toward a wide angle or prime lens). I'd be losing a wide angle and a prime. Do you think it's worth it to make that switch? Sorry to lengthy! Thanks.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Worth the upgrade? 3 years 9 months ago #3289

I'd ask them for sharp, high res photos.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Worth the upgrade? 3 years 9 months ago #3290

Have you send it in for repair to have it checked out? You should do that first before switching. When going to FX you need to have good glass, you will quickly see the limitations of low end and some 3rd party glass with the quality of a D700 or D3 series camera. Let me know how it goes and what you decide!

Worth the upgrade? 3 years 9 months ago #3291

Thanks! Right now I think I am leaning towards a d700. The advantages of full frame keep calling me, making me lean that way. If I go that way, I think I will buy a 50mm f/1.8G as well? I will then have two good Nikon lenses, and the tamron 28-75(which I still may sell if I don't like it's results)...and will save up for a wide angle. Hopefully won't be too long.
Another quick question. I am looking at a d700 on fredmiranda.com, it was purchased in Dec of last year from B&H. It only has 1402 actuations. He sent me his smug mug link to view photos from it, but they all seem blurry? Is this a red flag? Or more than likely his technique? I hate to buy the wrong one. Makes me nervous. Thanks!