Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is the D700 best bang for the buck?

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3188

Is Nikon's best bang for the buck full frame camera the D700?
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3262

for some people feeling of the bigger bodies like D3 series give them another pleasure even just to hold. for people like greg and me, our big camera bodies is a need for our big paws.
for some people smaller bodies is a must for carrying around with a light lens just like 700.

Yes the d3 bodies are better build and isolated than 700 but in normal use you wont feel the difference.

as we all say its all your talent, skill and knowledge that makes the photo. I believe gear is just a creme.

so buy the one you can and you like
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3263

Its the least expensive but not the best. If you can find a used D3 for around $3000-$3200 in good or excellent condition that would be the best deal.

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3264

I think for the money the D700 is a better deal then the D3 (D3 has been discontinued). Same sensor yes you give up some fps but you do gain an on-board flash which the D3 lacks. The D700 offers the exact image quality of the D3, but in a smaller body.

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3265

Why does everyone forget about the features of the D3 that make it worth the money? Like the advanced AF system, better build quality, built in vertical shutter and grip, etc. Who cares about the built in flash! Never used it when I had one anyway...

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3266

Here's the difference (I know it KR) but hey facts are the facts.

www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d700.htm#comp

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3267

I have a D700, but i looked at a second hand D3 first.

The D700 has exactly the same AF system and sensor, its got built in sensor cleaning, the built in flash is great for triggering with CLS, but it is lacking the faster frame rate and bigger buffer. and you do have to buy a grip if you want to use it vertical, but this isn't all bad if you want to be a bit more discreet in public. But overall, the D700 is generally awesome!

Is the D700 best bang for the buck? 3 years 10 months ago #3268

I've been using the D700 for some time now, coming from the Sony/Minolta range. The D700 is just a beast. I think for the serious amateur and also the pro, the D700 is about the best and most affordable tool out there. The build quality is awesome, there are a lot of customised settings, high ISO is great.

People are hoping for the D800, but i don't understand what they miss in the D700 besides HD video if you are in to it.

For 1 D3 or D3s you can buy 2 D700's second hand with very low clicks. They will last a lifetime I think.

Happy shooting.