Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3201

Does anybody know if Nikon can actually fix the back focusing issue on the d7000? Has anyone sent one in and it comes back corrected? Thanks in advance!
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3241

What lens you experience the issue with?
I use the d7000 as well.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3242

Costa Gromov: So far i've noticed it on the 35mm 1.8, the 70-200 VR1, and the Tamron 28-75. The only one I can AF tune within cam is the 35mm because it's a fixed focal length. The other one's, the focus varies with different focal lengths. Does your d7000 back focus at all?

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3243

What kind of issues are you having? Did you see my video on focus & test as suggested?

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3244

Hi Greg. I did see your video on focus. I normally use single point focus like is said in the video, and I do not focus and recompose. The issues i'm having are focus ending up behind where I place my focus point. Like if I were to shoot a portrait and the eyes are not on the same focal plane. I will focus on the front eye, closest to the camera, and the back eye will be the one in focus. I've also shot things that are still, to make sure it's not any sort of movement, or error on my part. I assume that the camera is back focusing. At certain focal lengths, it doesn't appear to be as much of a problem as other focal lengths. It's really quite a frustrating situation.

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3245

Hello, hope you will read this. I have the same issue with D5000 and 35mm 1.8. I already askerd Greeeeg about this, he suggested taking camera to the repair, I had no option to do that for now. I've tried to test the system and it shows that the cam and lens IS capable to focus correctly when the conditions are right (isolated small subject on plane bckground, like flower on the table, good lit) > so it's not a malfunction. What I've noticed is that backfocusing same as yours happens in low light situations. It seems the focus goes back about an inch. It seams to me that the part of the cam that is focusing is mislead to calculate the wrong distance when multiple things can be focused at close to the focus point.
I already learned to deal with it by moving myself about an inch back after locking focus, works most of the times.

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3246

this is the example, focus was on the eye. this also happens with static subjects not just babies lol

D7000 back focusing issues...get it fixed 3 years 10 months ago #3247

Petar: I see your example. I know that situation well. I too, also learned to adjust where to put my focus. It didn't seem to do it on my 35mm f/1.8 though. I also have a d5000, as well..besides the d7000. My d5000 is tack on with focusing. I guess all you can really do is keep adjusting where you focus until you can send it into Nikon. Me, I decided to purchased a d700, and am selling all my DX equipment right now.