Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nikon D5000 upgrade to Nikon D7000?

Nikon D5000 upgrade to Nikon D7000? 2 years 9 months ago #5669

• Enrique
  • Fresh Boarder
I actually have a camera Nikon D5000. I am thinking of changing it into a D7000 or D7100. But I have listened that Greg think that is more convenient buy good glass than a new body of the same level. What do you think in this case?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nikon D5000 upgrade to Nikon D7000? 2 years 9 months ago #5670

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
Do you find that the D5000 is holding you back in any way? Like do you want to shoot a lot of sports but you find that the D5000 is too slow at 4fps? If this is the case, I would then think of upgrading but otherwise I can see no real reason to change and would stick with the D5000. Good lenses will last several bodies: be it D5000, D7000 or D800.

What lenses do you currently own?
Conor Casey
Flickr
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Nikon D5000 upgrade to Nikon D7000? 2 years 9 months ago #5672

I had a D5000 for three years and I upgraded to the D7100 a year ago. It's true that good glass will probably have more of an impact on your image than a camera upgrade, but if you upgrade from a D5000 to a D7100 there is no comparison. Since most of the more useful features are on the camera body, instead of being buried in a menu, I find that I use the more advanced features all the time, which has allowed me to learn much faster. The 24 megapixel senor makes a huge difference, which you will notice in post processing at 100%. You also have the built in flash commander and many other features. I just thought I would let you know my experience, since I was in the same boat last year. I was also able to upgrade to better glass this year and that has made a big difference in getting better images also. If you have a really slow and not so sharp kit lens and you think you won't be able to afford a better quality lens for some time, then maybe the better lens would be the next step. It's also true that if you purchase a good FX lens now, you can continue to use it on other bodies, but eventually the D7100 will have to be upgraded.