Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: camera choice Df vs D750

camera choice Df vs D750 1 year 11 months ago #6354

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Going to be going full frame in a few months and I was wondering if anybody had experience with the nikon Df.

I'm not interested in video, because I have an aps-c camera for that and aps-c is closer to super 35 than full frame is. So, I don't care that it cant do video.

I will be using it mainly in events like weddings so the sensor from the nikon D4 is very attractive. Low megapixels, high sensitivity. I'm just wondering how the AF system is, I know it's borrows from the D600 which is borrowed from the D7000. but is it fast and reliable? Any first hand experience?

The D750 is my other choice. The D800 has too many megapixels, and the D4 is for people that deserve nice cameras (which is not me)
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Brent Ross.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

camera choice Df vs D750 1 year 11 months ago #6356

As I always say, rent one :).
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

camera choice Df vs D750 1 year 11 months ago #6357

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
That's a good idea. I'll probably try them in-store today but from reviews I've been reading like this one
photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-d750/7
It seems like the ISO performance is similar enough that it's more practical to get the D750 for its better AF system as the Df sensor is only marginally cleaner and hardly noticeable.

camera choice Df vs D750 1 year 9 months ago #6404

• Jannatul Ferdous
  • Junior Boarder
  • I am Jannatul from Bangladesh interested in photography.
  • Thank you received: 1
I would recommend you D750 , one of my friend is using this model and he is happy with the performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Ross