Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

camera choice Df vs D750

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #6354 by Brent Ross
Going to be going full frame in a few months and I was wondering if anybody had experience with the nikon Df.

I'm not interested in video, because I have an aps-c camera for that and aps-c is closer to super 35 than full frame is. So, I don't care that it cant do video.

I will be using it mainly in events like weddings so the sensor from the nikon D4 is very attractive. Low megapixels, high sensitivity. I'm just wondering how the AF system is, I know it's borrows from the D600 which is borrowed from the D7000. but is it fast and reliable? Any first hand experience?

The D750 is my other choice. The D800 has too many megapixels, and the D4 is for people that deserve nice cameras (which is not me)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Brent Ross.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #6356 by Gregory Cazillo
As I always say, rent one :).

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 8 months ago #6357 by Brent Ross
That's a good idea. I'll probably try them in-store today but from reviews I've been reading like this one
photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-d750/7
It seems like the ISO performance is similar enough that it's more practical to get the D750 for its better AF system as the Df sensor is only marginally cleaner and hardly noticeable.

More
2 years 6 months ago #6404 by Jannatul Ferdous
I would recommend you D750 , one of my friend is using this model and he is happy with the performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Ross