Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

question about the Nikon D700's top-display

More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #6570 by finntroll
hi cazillions!
I wonder if anybody knows if you can make the Nikon D700's top-display to show the current ISO-setting rather than showing the number of remaining shots. At the moment the ISO setting is only shown when actually pressing down the ISO button, and I am kind of used to checking the top "shoulder" display to set my exposure.
It was possible to have that configuration -show ISO setting when camera turned on / show remaining shots on memory card when camera off - in my D90 (wich unforutnately died.. ), but so far, I wasn't able to find the setting in the D700's menu or in the manual :dry:
does anybody have experience?

thanks B)
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by finntroll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #6571 by Gregory Cazillo
I noticed this on my D800, I'll see what I can find.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #6572 by Gregory Cazillo
On my D800 I found it in the Custom Menu, D7 ISO Display and Adjustment. Change it to Show Frame Count.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Gregory Cazillo.

More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #6573 by finntroll
Hey Greg!
Thanks for covering my question in the recent show! :) Unfortunately I found out the display setting cannot be changed in the D700.. This is also consistent with what I read in another forum, so I guess I just have to live with that. Maybe they introduced this feature in cameras newer than the D700, but it is a minor flaw for my type of photography.

Keep up the awesome show!!!
:lol:
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by finntroll.

More
5 months 4 days ago #6588 by Roy van Ommen

Gregory Cazillo wrote: On my D800 I found it in the Custom Menu, D7 ISO Display and Adjustment. Change it to Show Frame Count.

Did you upgrade from a D3s to a D800?