Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Canon 10-22

Canon 10-22 4 years 5 months ago #1428

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new lens for landscape photography, I'm thinking of the 10-22mm BUT it's not an 'L' series lens?..It gets some good reviews but will I regret buying a non-L..?? some people have said it can be a little soft?..does anyone on here have one?..

I'll be using it on my 7D which i'm not looking to upgrade to FF anytime soon so that won't be any issue.

The other option I have is to get the 17-40L but would this be wide enough for landscape on my cropped body? as I already have the 24-70 the overlap seems too much.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Canon 10-22 4 years 5 months ago #1432

• Scott St.Cyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I've shot landscapes with my 70-200 @ 200mm. It's all situational. 17 should be plenty wide enough even on a cropped sensor. It all comes down to what you're shooting. You will have more flexibility with the 17-40, but 10-22 is definitely wider. I'm all about wide shots, but I've had to do without my 8-16 Sigma since the focus motor went out and I don't have it anymore. I've been using my 24-70 (on a FF body), and it's been perfectly fine. Either way, I think you'll be OK.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today