Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Canon 24-70mm

More
5 years 1 month ago #275 by Clair
Hi guys.. Thanks to my wonderful family who have given me money for Christmas as requested I could now go out & buy myself the canon 24-70 L lens (approx £900)..I've wanted this lens for AGES having read some fab reviews on it...BUT now I feel scared to buy it!! It's not been that long since I upgraded to my 7D & to be honest I'm not that comfortable with it yet. What if I spend all that money on a fab lens but still can't manage to get any great photos??? What if I'm just never going to be good enough to deserve a lens like that?? Help!!! :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #277 by Jeff Bullman
It takes a little while to get used to a new body, especially when Canon likes to swap around the menus and buttons on us. If you can't get a great photo, keep trying and learning, that lens won't hinder you in any way.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
5 years 1 month ago #278 by Kyle Mazur
i loved my 24-70 when i was shooting canon

More
5 years 1 month ago #279 by Tim March
i just bought the 24-70 a few days ago, its a really nice lens, built like a tank and the image quality is fantastic. i have it on a t2i (i've only been shooting for a year). you won't regret the purchase.

Canon T2i (550d) 24-70 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.8
500px.com/TimMarch

More
5 years 1 month ago #295 by Olaf Kleemeyer
Have fun with the new 24-70mm. Looking for the pictures :)

Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

More
5 years 1 month ago #305 by Martyn
Will that lens be wide enough for you on a 7D? Don't forget it will have an equivalent focal length of 38-112mm.

More
5 years 1 month ago #307 by Brian
According to various sources, a new 24-70 is right around the corner for canon that is. Which can be backed up by resellers since they are pushing this lens this holiday season with the discounts.

More
5 years 1 month ago #323 by Clair

Brian wrote: According to various sources, a new 24-70 is right around the corner for canon that is. Which can be backed up by resellers since they are pushing this lens this holiday season with the discounts.

Interesting! - Thanks Brian x

More
5 years 1 month ago #366 by DaveB
My concern was with the crop sensor and if I wanted that zoom range after you take it times 1.6, I am going to purchase the canon 17-55 which will work better for me. Just food for thought.

More
5 years 1 month ago #372 by Mike Greenley
I'm not sure if this is the original thread as it's a RE:, but I just wanted to throw out that I was in the market for this same zoom range and I ended up going with the Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM.

I'm a complete brand snob, but, after seeing a review from Jared Polin @ froknowsphoto.com and seeing this video
, I took a shot with Sigma. And let me tell you, it's my new favorite lens! I saved money, it gets better reviews, and the pictures speak for themselves! Crisp clear and sharp as a tack! I couldn't be happier!

More
5 years 1 month ago #373 by Mike Greenley
p.s. I wanted to go to the 70mm upper zoom range, but, I haven't regretted staying with the 50mm. The 17-50mm is my all around lens now, and it's always on my camera! I use it for everything!

More
5 years 1 month ago #693 by dave seymour
get it bought !!! you might snuff it next week :)
i went through the same thing with my 24-105L was a lot of cash but yeah im loving it even though im crap :)

7D. 24-105L.
50mm f1.8
100-400 f4.5.6 IS
430exii.