Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yong Nuo 565EX

Yong Nuo 565EX 4 years 9 months ago #1088

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
So I thought of looking into the market to replace my dead flashes; take note, never trust your mom in cleaning your room... she drops not just 1 thing, but several things. LOL

Then I just found out about a Yong Nuo YN-565EX; of course, enticed by the price, but saw a very interesting comment by a "happy" owner. He made mention that this rivals that of the SB-900. And it's bundled with a lot of neat features, too.

I'm either looking into this because the price is good, but I am also looking into the Nissin Di622 Mk II since their prices are nearly identical and plus it's a Nissin.

That being said, I do trust Yong Nuo, my off shoe flash (and now my current flash, thanks to mom) is a YN-465 and I even have their RF-602 flash triggers. So, in terms of trust, their is no shortage of that with Yong Nuo products.

Just want to hear your thoughts on the YN-565EX and how does it fair off with the Nissin Di622 Mk II.

Thanks!! :)

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Yong Nuo 565EX 4 years 9 months ago #1090

• Zoltan Martel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I wouldn't get either.
The times of consistent metering and resuts with all kinds of third party gear are long gone with the present generations of DSLRs.
I only use Metz flashes, been doing so for the longest time. Metz also makes the insides of Nikon flashes, don't know about the Canon flashes but I figure the same. I love the stamina and electrical specs of Metz brand flashes, they don't get so hot and in my experience have better low temperature consistence, and I like the sheer power they can deliver.
If you want to use the Nikon CLS to the fullest extent though, stick with Nikon, it's a great software and great flash system, very practical and easy to use. I don't use it because I already have a manual lighting system that works. If you shoot TTL flash or manual, Metz and Nikon is the business.
Insofar I've seen Nissin and Yuong Nuo flashes used, my opinion is that Nissin flashes are good but not as solid and well build as Metz or Nikon flashes (I don't use Canon, can't tell anything about it), and don't have the same stamina (I heard the insides are not made by Metz but by Matsushita, but I don't know if that's true), and the Yuong Nuo flash users I've met usually tell me that the lighting power is rather hard to regulate and that the TTL flash results are very inconsistent.
If you're looking for the cheapest good solution, I would definitely recommend Metz, these are more powerful and very well build, and are fully compatible with Nikon iTTL.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Yong Nuo 565EX 4 years 9 months ago #1091

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
Alrightee, I'll look into Metz; LOL this was the first time I heard of Metz and was worried that the local photo shops here might not have it (I'm in the Philippines) and was shocked to see some Metz flashes available in their online site! LOL

Yeah, I can't really afford the higher end flashes from Nikon so I look into Nissin, Yong Nuo, and as is the case, Metz, for alternatives.

Thanks for the introduction to Metz! :)

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!

Yong Nuo 565EX 4 years 9 months ago #1105

Do you have any strobes yet? If not definitely buy one from Nikon or Canon then consider aftermarket models if you want more.