Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Product photography lighting setup...

Product photography lighting setup... 4 years 9 months ago #1220

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Guys..I'm looking to buy a small(table top)lighting set up for product photography, when I say 'product' I mean 'Greetings cards'..I've been making do with a soft box & a couple of table lamps but i'd like to get something better as my pics are still turning out rather flat & dull.

I don't want to spend a fortune though, it's only for the pics I take to go on my papercraft blog.

Any suggestions?...

Clair
x
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Clair.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Product photography lighting setup... 4 years 8 months ago #1221

Can you post a photo?
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Product photography lighting setup... 4 years 8 months ago #1225

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've attached 4 photos of cards I've designed & made for my classes/workshops recently(these pics get uploaded on to my blog)

All were taken in raw & edited in lightroom..but I would like them to 'pop' more, I want the whites to be whiter & brighter but without losing the details of the stamped image & colouring...???

I'm thinking that the little lamps i've got just aren't giving enough power so they come out dull/grey, I've increased my exposure in camera a little to make them brighter but I still end up need to add more fill light afterwards but then I lose details.

Plus the background is always grey too & I want to to be bright white??

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

whippersnapper2.jpg
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Clair.