Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tripod Heads - - -- -

Tripod Heads - - -- - 4 years 5 months ago #1562

• Dennis
  • Junior Boarder
Anyone like their tripod head?

I have two heads and have not been satisfied with either. One is a single-adjustment Manfrotto ball (I hate taking my eye from the viewfinder to find the lever) and the other is a SLIK pistol grip with the world's worst quick release. I might have to go back to a 3-way pan head.

Greg, do you use have a favorite tripod head?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tripod Heads - - -- - 4 years 5 months ago #1565

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Dennis,

I use a Manfrotto 496RC2 ball head and have had no trouble at all with it. I have generally found it to be very quick and easy to use, very stable and of excellent build quality for the maybe €70 price. It is an excellent head overall if you like ball heads.

What kind of head do you prefer the most? Ball head, pan and tilt or a light duty etc? If I was you, I'd just pick my favourite and go from there. And be sure to test them out in a camera shop if you can.

For ball head, the 496RC2 Ball Head is hard to beat for me. For pan and tilt, try the Manfrotto 804RC2. For light duty grip, try the Manfrotto 324RC2 or the more expensive 327RC2 also from Manfrotto. But overall, it really depends on how much you are willing to spend though.
Conor Casey
Flickr
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Tripod Heads - - -- - 4 years 5 months ago #1570

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
Have you seen the Benro HD-28? It is a 3-way panhead. I don't own one but my friend has this and I tried it out. I liked it a lot to the point that I am getting me one of these later this year.

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis

Re: Tripod Heads - - -- - 4 years 5 months ago #1575

• Dennis
  • Junior Boarder
Might pick-u pan HD28!Thanks!

Re: Tripod Heads - - -- - 4 years 4 months ago #1660

In Saturday's video I showed by 3221 legs and 3047 3 way head. I use the 3 way head as my primary tripod although I love the ball head on my 3 Legged Thing when I'm not in the studio.