Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sigma vs Tamron

Sigma vs Tamron 3 years 5 months ago #4383

Has anyone owned any or both of these lenses? I read the Sigma is a bit shaper when zoomed in at 250mm but I'd like a few more opinions before I pick one.

Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD

Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sigma vs Tamron 3 years 5 months ago #4384

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi John!

Well, i don't want to be harsh. But i would not even think about getting one of them.

For sure, the Tamron has a bigger range, but its more slow on autofocus than the Sigma. And i think that the Sigma is slightly better in image control.

Even though. These are so called vacation lenses. Just for on vacation. If you are expecting something professional out of it, i would suggest some other lenses.

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Sigma vs Tamron 3 years 5 months ago #4385

Thanks Roy, that's exactly what I'm getting it for, a vacation lens. Going to the redwoods, and Key West in the next month. I've been saving for the canon 70-200mm 2.8 II , but won't have the funds in time. Thanks for the info. The Sigma is cheaper so I'm leaning towards it. I'm in no rush because I'm still scanning craigslist everyday for deals.

Sigma vs Tamron 3 years 5 months ago #4386

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Have you considered renting a higher quality lens for vacation? You can save the extra money and put it towards the 70-200.

Sigma vs Tamron 3 years 5 months ago #4387

That's a great idea Bill! Just looked into it and it looks like I can get 70-200mm 2.8ii for a week and insured for less than $125! Thanks a lot Bill!