Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Recommended Tripod

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #4937 by Fico Stein Montagne
Hi people, i would like to ask for some advice... i need a good tripod for my nikon D7000. I do some outdoor photos, shooting sports, some beach and countryside. i dont go to extreme weathers. I have access here in Peru to a brand FANCIER (any rating? model FR 6606) im thinking a range between 150 and 300 dollars. Thanx

ive seen (a little expensive this options too) worth it??
www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-055XPROB-Tripod...s=Manfrotto+055XPROB

or would be enough:
www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-190XDB-Section-...rds=Manfrotto+190XDB

and Ball head or 3ways? i prefer ball but some says that for video (which i use little 3 way or compact 3way goes better)
opinions and suggestions?

Fico Stein Montagne
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Fico Stein Montagne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4939 by Dennis Stone
I have the Manfrotto-055, both the aluminum and carbon fiber version. I know you said 300 dollars, but if you plan to do much hiking I think you would be VERY happy spending the extra 100 dollars now for the carbon fiber version. It really makes a big difference, at least to me. But if not, the aluminum version is also a great choice. I use it for doing time-lapse since it is heavier.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GIPR5S/ref...roduct?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
3 years 10 months ago #4954 by Roy van Ommen
As for my normal shooting (hobby, private) i have a simple 30 bucks tripod which does the trick for me. Lightweight (because its a piece of junk ;)) and it holds my camera.

If you need something where you can really trust on, you have to go for a vanguard or Manfroto. These are the best.

But to be honest, i cannot advice you on that other than take a stable one, and if you are planning to hike or something, take the carbon version.

Greetings,
Roy

More
3 years 10 months ago #4969 by Gabe
I use a Vanguard Alta Pro 263. I use it for all of my night shots. At 5lbs, its a beast to carry though. I took it on a recent trip and found it was too heavy to carry with all of my fishing gear. Aside from the weight, its a great tripod. On a typical night run, I walk around 3-4 hours carrying it and have no troubles. I also think the ball head gives me more flexibility.

www.amazon.com/dp/B003WKOENO/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

More
3 years 9 months ago #5185 by xzoup
In my reserch I will be thinking of getting the Manfrotto 055CX Pro 3 Tripod, and the manfrotto 808RC4 3 way standard head with quick release plate (410PL). If the Manfrotto 229 3 way super pro head with RCO rapid connect plate is conpatible with the 055CX I will go with it because of it's safer release mechanism and smoother operation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #5262 by Mike Lostraglio

Dennis Stone wrote: I have the Manfrotto-055, both the aluminum and carbon fiber version. I know you said 300 dollars, but if you plan to do much hiking I think you would be VERY happy spending the extra 100 dollars now for the carbon fiber version. It really makes a big difference, at least to me. But if not, the aluminum version is also a great choice. I use it for doing time-lapse since it is heavier.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GIPR5S/ref...roduct?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I second the Manfrotto-055. I have the Al version.....although I would like to give the carbon fiber a teat run! Nevertheless, its a great tripod. I have had a few "cheaper" ones before but this one is true.