Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recommended Tripod

Recommended Tripod 3 years 2 months ago #4937

Hi people, i would like to ask for some advice... i need a good tripod for my nikon D7000. I do some outdoor photos, shooting sports, some beach and countryside. i dont go to extreme weathers. I have access here in Peru to a brand FANCIER (any rating? model FR 6606) im thinking a range between 150 and 300 dollars. Thanx

ive seen (a little expensive this options too) worth it??
www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-055XPROB-Tripod...s=Manfrotto+055XPROB

or would be enough:
www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-190XDB-Section-...rds=Manfrotto+190XDB

and Ball head or 3ways? i prefer ball but some says that for video (which i use little 3 way or compact 3way goes better)
opinions and suggestions?
Fico Stein Montagne
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Fico Stein Montagne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recommended Tripod 3 years 2 months ago #4939

• Dennis Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have the Manfrotto-055, both the aluminum and carbon fiber version. I know you said 300 dollars, but if you plan to do much hiking I think you would be VERY happy spending the extra 100 dollars now for the carbon fiber version. It really makes a big difference, at least to me. But if not, the aluminum version is also a great choice. I use it for doing time-lapse since it is heavier.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GIPR5S/ref...roduct?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Recommended Tripod 3 years 2 months ago #4954

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
As for my normal shooting (hobby, private) i have a simple 30 bucks tripod which does the trick for me. Lightweight (because its a piece of junk ;)) and it holds my camera.

If you need something where you can really trust on, you have to go for a vanguard or Manfroto. These are the best.

But to be honest, i cannot advice you on that other than take a stable one, and if you are planning to hike or something, take the carbon version.

Greetings,
Roy

Recommended Tripod 3 years 2 months ago #4969

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I use a Vanguard Alta Pro 263. I use it for all of my night shots. At 5lbs, its a beast to carry though. I took it on a recent trip and found it was too heavy to carry with all of my fishing gear. Aside from the weight, its a great tripod. On a typical night run, I walk around 3-4 hours carrying it and have no troubles. I also think the ball head gives me more flexibility.

www.amazon.com/dp/B003WKOENO/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

Recommended Tripod 3 years 1 month ago #5185

• xzoup
  • Fresh Boarder
In my reserch I will be thinking of getting the Manfrotto 055CX Pro 3 Tripod, and the manfrotto 808RC4 3 way standard head with quick release plate (410PL). If the Manfrotto 229 3 way super pro head with RCO rapid connect plate is conpatible with the 055CX I will go with it because of it's safer release mechanism and smoother operation.

Recommended Tripod 3 years 3 weeks ago #5262

Dennis Stone wrote:
I have the Manfrotto-055, both the aluminum and carbon fiber version. I know you said 300 dollars, but if you plan to do much hiking I think you would be VERY happy spending the extra 100 dollars now for the carbon fiber version. It really makes a big difference, at least to me. But if not, the aluminum version is also a great choice. I use it for doing time-lapse since it is heavier.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GIPR5S/ref...roduct?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I second the Manfrotto-055. I have the Al version.....although I would like to give the carbon fiber a teat run! Nevertheless, its a great tripod. I have had a few "cheaper" ones before but this one is true.