Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rechargable Batteries, which brand?

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5906

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I currently just purchases some Nuon Rechargables (2500 mah). I've been some research and reading reviews. Seems like that are not that good, but the local camera store says they are good. I have been reading that Sanyo Eneloop (2,000 mah I believe) are the best then energizer.

I am trying to decide weather to keep the Nuons' or get Sanyo. What are your thoughts on these 3 brands? These are for my Canon Speedlite 4300EXII

Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by jerry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5907

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Jerry,
I personally use the Energizer recharge 2300 mah. Never had an issue. I make sure they are recharged the night before i need them. Just make sure you get a good charger. Greg did a video here: cazillo.com/articles/keep-shooting/365-f...nikon-df-camera.html
Starts at around 11 min mark.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Jim St Croix.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5908

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
i use powerex. they have a super smart and fast 8 battery charger which charges each battery on a separate current. It displays the progress of each battery.

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5913

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
I decided to get the sanyo eneloop. 2 sets, 2 cases for them and a charger. I am selling my nuon batteries and keeping that charger. there is 500 mah difference between the eneloops and nuons, but i have been reading mixed reviews of nuons and really good reviews for eneloop. Now to actually use them.. :blink:

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5914

• Luke
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I have a set of 16 duracell 2450 mah and a charger that does up to ten at a time but charges each of them individually. Picked the hole lot up in amazons Christmas sale for £30 (about 50 dollars US).They work great in my flash and last a decent amount of time, I have noticed that my remote triggers dont seem to like the 1.3v of the rechargeable compared to the 1.5v of standard AAs

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5931

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
Well, just got my 2 sets of eneloops, now to actually use them.

Rechargable Batteries, which brand? 2 years 6 months ago #5939

• Mistery
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I have 96 eneloops and love how long they last, at both firing the flashes and how long they can be in the bag before they have to be recharged from sitting around.
D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele