Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Tripod Maintenence - Ball Head

More
2 years 2 months ago #6353 by Gabe
Hey cazillions,
Happy holidays! So i need your help again. The other day I grabbed my tripod and noticed the ball head had this greasy, gummy, gunk around the base and knobs. Im assuming this is some sort of lubricant. Anyways, I'm having a hard time cleaning this stuff and i was wondering if any one had any tips. I tried googling ball head cleaning and/or maintenence and so far ive learned everything about cleaning the legs and joints but nothing about the ball head or gunk. Im really hoping i dont have to buy another head. Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6355 by Gregory Cazillo
Who makes the head? It might be best to contact them as I haven't seen any ball heads with grease on the ball.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 2 months ago #6358 by Gabe
Its a vanguard SBH-100 ( www.vanguardworld.com/index.php/pv/produ...tail-1-4-23-144.html ). The grease (or lubricant) is around the adjustment knobs and the base of the body. Im wondering if this is an issue with lower end units. I was able to clean most of it using clorox wipes. I tried rubbing alcohol but that didnt do anything.