Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3652

My idea for Keep Shooting Monday is to make it a weekly photography show with news, photo questions, gear talk, maybe a guest here and there, etc. When are your thoughts on how I can improve? You guys are my loyal fans here on the forum so I value your comments and suggestions the most.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3654

• Jose Cruz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
How about more on location videos for landscape and portraits ,night photos
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jose Cruz.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3657

Jose Cruz wrote:
How about more on location videos for landscape and portraits ,night photos

I have some plans to do more on location shoots but they are more like my Thursday videos which are tutorial based. I think I want Mondays to be more like a news type of show....

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3660

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Great! But keep the assigments in because they work! ;)

I like the fact of talking news, maybe a little more with images. In your last vid you talked about the new Canon, maybe for the visual and for the graphical aspect, you can throw in some on screen images when you are talking about a specific camera.

You were talking about the Canon's and you showed 2 bodies from the front photographed, without lens caps... for me, that does not say a thing, when i have something more visual, i can imagine where you are talking about.

You have a nice new background for the vids. Even though, i like it when you get out sometimes, not always, but take a seat in a park or something and talk photography... like the news and that kind of stuff. I know, its out of the comfort zone.. but it will create some different intrest.

Just my 2 cents.. :)

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3664

Roy van Ommen wrote:
Great! But keep the assigments in because they work! ;)

I like the fact of talking news, maybe a little more with images. In your last vid you talked about the new Canon, maybe for the visual and for the graphical aspect, you can throw in some on screen images when you are talking about a specific camera.

You were talking about the Canon's and you showed 2 bodies from the front photographed, without lens caps... for me, that does not say a thing, when i have something more visual, i can imagine where you are talking about.
I was a little tight on time, I can't always spend hours and hours on editing but I will work on that.
Roy van Ommen wrote:
You have a nice new background for the vids. Even though, i like it when you get out sometimes, not always, but take a seat in a park or something and talk photography... like the news and that kind of stuff. I know, its out of the comfort zone.. but it will create some different intrest.

Its winter here so I will be getting out more as it warms up but that will be in my tutorial videos not KS!M shows.

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3665

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Roger ;)

And we have to schedule some time for a call.. we have to speak to eachother ;)

Speak to you later.

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3723

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I would like to see some information of how to choose the best lens, there are hundreds to choose from. I know things like constant aperture are important but what are the other determining factors to look for?

thanks
-Bill

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3726

• finntroll
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd love to see some kind of a short "behind the scenes" video footage of your photo sessions. You know, just a sneek peek of where you are, what/whom you are taking photos of, what basic settings/setup, brief presentation of the model/subject, location etc. Doesn't necessarily have to be commented, maybe find a nice rock song and let some pictures/video sequences do the job (maybe even a timeplase-kind of style) Could be a nice way to get your name and pictures out in the web, with the secondary effect that we get an impression of what a pro photographer does.
Maybe every two weeks in Monday videos, just like the KSM assingments, that would be a nice rythm.
Landscape photography tips would be awesome too.. ^^

Just an idea,
Greetings Finn
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by finntroll.

Need help with Keep Shooting! Monday 3 years 8 months ago #3727

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I've already learned so much from you Greg. I would love to see more on flash work.ie: just how to do it properly from setup, to actual use.I've practiced on my own, on shoe,tethered,wireless,using the cactus or camera flash,etc. I get images, but it just seems more luck and trial and error than anything else.

It seems whats lacking is a step by step video of exactly whats happening with the image and setup ,and why.I hope this makes sense to you.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jim St Croix.