Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post criteria

Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #28

This is a great start from Andy. Please add your thoughts. I will add it to the help/rules sections.

I also have some suggestions for the criteria of forum posts, particularly posts that are questions, and possibly make a sticky about this. Not sure if you have already addressed this...
One, posts should be thought out carefully and have enough information. One should be able to reply with answers instead of questions about the OP's question(s).

Two, use of somewhat decent grammar with punctuation is a must. I know mine is far from the best, but at least I try. ppl cant understand u when u r talking lyke dis!

That is all I can think of right now, might add more later.

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #35

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Three: members are to read the descriptions of the forum first before posting a thread, to make sure it is in the correct area.

Four: respect for other members is not optional.

Five: be aware of copyrights of other member pictures, and do not re post others pictures without permission. This should be axiomatic!

Six: appropriate subject titles are a must, instead of "Help me!" or "I have a Problem." A title should include what you are asking or posting about, but not too long as to make people not want to read.

Seven: no spamming, soliciting and any other tomfoolery.

More to follow.

Andy
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Andrew Olson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Smafield
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #61

• Greg Griffith
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is more of an add on to grammar, but could we add something about typing in ALL CAPS? I find it to be one of the most annoying habits in online forums.

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #66

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
Forum Rules

1: posts should be thought out carefully and have enough information. One should be able to reply with answers instead of questions about the OP's question(s). Far too often the thread is consumed by posts that ask questions about the OP because he/she did not give enough info about their problem, situation, question, or comment.

2: Use of somewhat decent grammar with punctuation is a must. ppl cant understand u when u r talking lyke dis!

2a: No typing in all Caps or excessive use of exclamations points, smiles, and question marks, etc.

2b: Make good use of paragraphs if your post runs long, instead of one huge body of words that is difficult to read.

3: Members are to read the descriptions of the forum first before posting a thread, to make sure it is in the correct area.

3a: Appropriate subject titles are a must, instead of "Help me!" or "I have a Problem," a title should include what one is asking or posting about, but not too long as to discourage reading.

3b: Make sure your question(s) has not been asked before by searching the forum.

4: Respect for other members, moderators, etc., is not optional.

5: Be aware of copyrights of other member pictures, and do not edit, re post, or use in any other manner without permission. This should be axiomatic!

6: No spamming, soliciting, harassing, foul language, trolling, flaming, attacking, yelling, or any other tomfoolery.

6a: Anyone caught doing any of the above will be referred to the forum owner (Greg) and he will decide what to do, if it should come to that.

7: No excessive bumping to your thread(s) or others.

7a: Make sure some time has passed before bumping; let’s start at a minimum of twelve hours and if your thread has not received attention by then maybe you should rethink your post.

Other suggestions, or addendum, let me know and I can add them.

Andy
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Andrew Olson.

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #94

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #98

• Jeff Bullman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
How about when quoting a post with an image, to remove the image tags.

quoted from a different forum:
"When quoting posts that have photos, please take a minute to remove the tags, or just remove the reference to the photo altogether. There's no reason to have the same photo quoted time and again in a thread."[IMG] tags, or just remove the reference to the photo altogether. There's no reason to have the same photo quoted time and again in a thread."

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #99

bulldogg7 wrote:
"When quoting posts that have photos, please take a minute to remove the tags, or just remove the reference to the photo altogether. There's no reason to have the same photo quoted time and again in a thread."[/quote] Added.[IMG] tags, or just remove the reference to the photo altogether. There's no reason to have the same photo quoted time and again in a thread."

Added.

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #328

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
Suggested rules for image posting.

Minimum info when posting an image to this forum:

Camera
Lens
Shutter and aperture settings
ISO

Processing information optional at the moment.

Andy

Re: Post criteria 4 years 11 months ago #333

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
Totally agree with Andrew; all images must be posted with a standard format such as that. After all, we are all trying to learn from each other, so no harm in sharing settings :lol:

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!