Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Karma?

Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #758

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Do we really need the karma? Maybe I am saying this because apparently I slipped in to the negative and not sure why.

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #766

• Serdar Dikdik
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Dear friend,

Welcome to the below zero club. Yeah it feels bad isnt. You figure out people dont like you and you have no idea why.

Like me, I am sure you pray, try to be a good person, if you have kids trying to be a good father, Trying your best to improve this site but as a result slap on your face and " sit down student" comment with a minus karma :)
Bigger is Better
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #776

• Olaf Kleemeyer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
As a "plussy", I nevertheless agree with you guys ("neggies" :P ).
I guess we´re all out of school so we don´t need grades anymore. Maybe Greg will think about taking them off.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #778

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
LOL I'm still in school though, Olaf! :P

But it is quite demoralizing for the "neggies"

I remember being in another forum where there is also karma and all it really was is another way of saying thank you (yep, apart from the thank you at the bottom of each of our posts) and a popularity contest at best.

Though, they are there for a reason; one might have said something and another took offense to it and this keeps us at our toes to be wary of what other's think or feel.

Just my two cents :lol:

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #799

I think you put your finger on it, Christian.

We have to understand the purpose of a forum like this one: an opportunity to learn and share knowledge to grow as an individual.

We are responsable to post and reply on a constructive way; to follow the forum vision.

At the end, someone might give me a <-> and i don't care if i believe i was honest and true!

Food for thought :)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by jean-francois bouchard.

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #800

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes Christian does make a good point. My reply ran long so not sure if I should post it here or just have people visit my blog here: andrewolsonphoto.blogspot.com/

Andy

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #801

Maybe I'm jaded from years of forum posting, but I look at indicators like karma and post count as arbitrary numbers that don't mean anything. Kind of like the old phrase, "Age ain't nothin' but a number."

Over time, good posters build up a reputation regardless of how often they post or how often someone clicks the "like" or "+1" button next to their posts. Besides, sometimes you might be right, honest, and it rubs someone who can't handle it the wrong way and they shoot you a "-1" out of spite. If you don't disagree once in a while, you might not be passionate enough about what you're doing here.

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #809

• Serdar Dikdik
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree you guys but there is some point you miss out here.

You are making your effort to contrubute your thoughts for this site and our family numbers.You say something and someone has a right to say you are wrong or disagree on matter with you, but why dont you write a massage for a reply and share your own Idea. Instead you are giving a -1 whitout saying why or without sharing anythoughts. I believe this is stupid, and unrespectful for the original post writer.

Also you may not agree with me on that subject, but do I have to carry that -1 on me all that time.
So you disagree with me on 1 topic but it seems like you disagree with me in my all topics.
Bigger is Better

Re: Karma? 4 years 10 months ago #955

• Mistery
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I agree that it's stupid. I only made two posts and was in the negitive, either someone didn't like the gear I listed or didn't like the link I posted for the website. Oh well, life moves on.
D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele