Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Re: Raw or Jpeg??

More
5 years 4 months ago #1867 by Stuart
I shoot raw + jpeg, as someone said above, it allows you to easily review on the computer without going into lightroom or photoshop etc. It also allows you to quickly send photos to family etc.

I use raw for my own use so I can tweak the files to how I want them before printing. The amount that you can improve or save a photo in the raw format is incredible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #1868 by Freddy Gdinsky
That's what i do also. Shooting both allows you to edit if you need to but if you get a good shot you do not have to go into lightroom or something else to Export to get a different file type. Its a good idea but RAW is a better choice because it gives more flexibility :)

youtube.com/gdinsky

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
5 years 4 months ago #1879 by Shelly Flangan
I used to do the same thing, but it took up too much space on my 8GB memory cards. I now have 32GB cards but find that if my import settings on my computer import with light room I can not only view them but tweak if needed, right away. When I export them to a file after I have done any tweaking I want in lightroom I export straight to a jpeg format and I still have the raw in my lightroom catalog system to work with at a later time if necessary.

But as I have grown in my photography, I see I need less and less tweaking in lightroom, however, I do use photoshop on the jpegs if I want to add some artistic flare to my images.

Hope this helps!
Shelly

More
5 years 4 months ago #1933 by Gregory Cazillo
You can preview images in finder/explorer as long as you have the proper codecs installed. Shooting raw+jpeg is a waste of hard drive space, you only need raw.