Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Feedback on First Pictures?

Feedback on First Pictures? 4 years 2 months ago #1909

• Freddy Gdinsky
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took a couple pictures yesterday while it was raining and thought these were the best 3. Did some post-editing and think first 2 turned out "ok" and the last one turned out really good except for the house at the bottom. I moved around and either my house, my garage or my neighbors house was in the way and this was the best way to get the picture.

EDIT: The last one is part of the "2" I talk about and the second one is the "Last" one i talk about...
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Freddy Gdinsky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Feedback on First Pictures? 4 years 2 months ago #1914

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Freddy..

Well, i don't want to be harsh on you. I like that you go out and try. Every one has started and everyone were on that point.

For the image named Blue:

I do like the color of the sky. Which makes people to think different. Its off focus, if you took a higher apperture (higher number F/stops) you would get more in focus. If you locked your focus in on the trees, the trees would be in focus and you will still have the sky as nice as it is. The trees are underexposed and looking like a black... uhm.. blob..

For the image named Flag:

Nice image. I like the idea, but the flag is not completly on the image. Maybe for the next time, try to rotate the camera so you get a horizontical (hehe) image, so the flag is in its total in your composition..

And for the image named: 1

Euhm, don't know what to say about this one, again, i like the idea, but its overexposed and looks like the opposite of the image named Blue.

If you had a faster shutter speed in that image, i think you would have captered more, and still had the trees good exposed...

Everyone has started at this point. Try to see it, try to learn it. You can't do it right at the first image. Maybe you should set your camera in firts place at AV (on Canon models, i think on a nikon its called A?) so the camera will take a shutter speed on your preset apperture.

Thanks for sharing your images. Hope to see many more!

BTW, have you ever thought and heard of Flickr? Which you can post your images to and share them on here? Its a lot easier :)

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Feedback on First Pictures? 4 years 2 months ago #1939

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

I agree with Roy on image 2 and 3, on "Blue" I like the premise of the photo. However it looks like the image is over saturated and I would have cropped more of the foreground trees out. Go out and keep shooting practice make perfect. Your in a good place to learn :), keep watching videos and read as much as you can!