Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Photographing Fog / Mist

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2221 by Paul Sykes
Hi im pretty new to the world of dslr . I have a Nikon D5000 body with a kit 18 -55mm lens a Tamron 70-300 zoom and a 35mm 1.8 . My question is this , what is the best way to capture fog or mist rolling of a lake or the sea . I have taken a few shots of what i thought would look superb but for some reason they seem to be washed out , the trees look reasonably ok, but you cannot see the mist / fog at all , i would appreciate any help the image was taken and 7am BST ...
i have added an external image to save on forum space.

Im not saying im the best but im in the top 1
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Paul Sykes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #2229 by Roy van Ommen
Hi there Paul,

Welcome to the forums!

I have to be honest with you. I really don't have experience with this type of photography so i really cannot help you on this one.

I hope someone else has the knowledge about it and can help you with it..

Greetings,
Roy

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2230 by Paul Sykes
Thanks for the reply taking time to reply Roy .
Its a tricky one this i spent around 30 minuets shooting with different setting from low ISO with slow shutter and Aperture as high as f1.8 and as low a f9 ( think thats the right way to describe) lol . and just could not seem to capture the low mist coming off the water , low cloud in the hils was a little easier although still did not capture the effect i was trying to achieve.So any ,,any at all would give me some other input to get me of the ground to getting better shoots , Cheers though Roy,great forum by the way im reading so great things and seeing some classy shoots so keep up the work one day i might just get the reply im looking for...again Roy many thanks
here the facebook link www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.414054...0001431919697&type=1 .. i will add you to my friends list not problem thanks ..
Regards
Paul

Im not saying im the best but im in the top 1
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Paul Sykes. Reason: to add facebook