Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RGB vs ADOBE RGB

RGB vs ADOBE RGB 4 years 3 months ago #2235

• Paul Sykes
  • Junior Boarder
  • "Advice always welcome."
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi guys / ladies , :unsure: please forgive me this question but ive noticed in my manual for the D5000 it mentions the two colors RGB and Adobe RGB my question is this , Which is the best setting between the two and why, and the moment i use the default RGB and have no idea why there are choices for this , i would be grateful if a member could give me the advice and the best settings if it will give better colors in my shots .
All the very best .
Paul
P.S If this has been asked before please delete the post ,i did use the search tab top right but it came back with nothing ...
Thanks guys ...or sorry and gals

Im not saying im the best but im in the top 1
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Paul Sykes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RGB vs ADOBE RGB 4 years 3 months ago #2236

• Tedder Tao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Adobe RGB is one of RGB, there are others, like Apple RGB, ISO RGB.... not much difference.
Camera usually has two color spaces setting: Adobe RGB or sRGB. sRGB is for computer screen display and has smaller color space than Adobe RGB.
I always set my camera to Adobe RGB and shoot RAW. When I need to post photo to internet I will convert it from RAW to JEPG with sRGB. When I need to print it out I convert it to tiff or JPG with CMYK.

I guess your question is RGB or sRGB. the quick answer is if you shoot RAW, use RGB, if JEPG use sRGB.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: RGB vs ADOBE RGB 4 years 3 months ago #2237

• Paul Sykes
  • Junior Boarder
  • "Advice always welcome."
  • Thank you received: 3
Many thanks for your reply . I never thorught there would
Be so many settings in the camera and not even a pro body at that.
And then you go out shoot what you think are nice images only to find you have to
Edit them to make them look better.dont get me wrong i love getting out with the camera and where possible i like to shoot in full manual. I dont know whyi just cant seem
To get my ISO set correct with the shutter and.aperture but i will contine to.practice when i can .Thanks again and sorry i seem.to.have got carried away a little there.
Cheers
Paul
Im not saying im the best but im in the top 1