Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

First try at Maternity Photo's

More
4 years 6 months ago #2715 by Ryan
My wife and I are expecting our first child within the next few weeks, so since im getting into photography, my wife suggested me take some photos. Here are some of my results. It's my first time doing what I would consider a "portrait" style of photography.

Please be honest as possible. Hope you like.

Maternity Photo by rpokorny , on Flickr
Nikon D5100
35mm 1.8 @ f2.8
ISO 1000
1/60

D5100
35mm 1.8 @ f2.8
ISO 1000
1/40

D5100
35mm 1.8 @ f1.8
ISO 1000
1/60

Like I said, this is the first time I have ever done something like this. Overall, I think do not think I did that bad, but obviously there is always room for improvement. There are a few more photos on Flickr, feel free to look, and give advice on those as well.

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2828 by Ryan
Geez tough crowd...nobody to critique... :S

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 6 months ago #2838 by Gregory Cazillo
The last is my fav, although you might try reshooting and bringing her away from the window a bit more so the window frames don't touch her and they will be OOF.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2842 by Ryan
Thanks for the response!!!

On my Flickr page, I have a few more photos similar to what I think you are saying.

Those window frames are also removable and I have a few photo's with them removed, but I did not post them on Flickr. After comparing the pictures, I felt that having the inserts in added something to the photo that was missing without them.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2856 by Mark
I think the first one on your flickr photo stream is one of the better shots because your wife's belly is turned a little bit more towards you, looking less flat and more pronounced. Also, I think the window frame works, but I think shadows from the window frame could also help add dimension to your wife's belly. I'm not saying mine are perfect or better than yours, but here are few examples so you can get a better idea of what I mean.
Attachments: