Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

First Post

More
4 years 6 months ago #3014 by Gerald Montgomery
Just making sure that I can link my photos from flickr!
Used my first camera...Rebel XSI.
Looks a little under exposed?

Gerald

www.flickr.com/photos/stormtracker/3308019982/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3015 by Mistery
Yes it is a little, but I see potentional for a killer photo next time the sun sets.

Run across to the field and get right in front of the stalks and get down on one knee to have the stalks anchor the foreground. Plus being there you won't have any power lines in the picture and the trees wont be blocking the sun setting.

Also try and watch being level with the camera.

D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mistery.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 6 months ago #3018 by Bill
Welcome to the group! Sunset/sunrise pics are often underexposed. This helps pull the colors of the sky out. I would probably would have cropped some of the foreground out(personal opinion :D)
as an FYI if you select share then BBC code and paste that string into your post, your pic will display in the post.

-Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregory Cazillo

More
4 years 6 months ago #3020 by Gerald Montgomery
Thanks Kieth for the encouraging thoughts. Still just starting out on my long journey. So any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Gerald

More
4 years 6 months ago #3021 by Gerald Montgomery
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the welcome. I will check out that tip on posting for my next post. I appreciate your thoughts on the shot.

Till next time.
Gerald