Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Impromptu Photo Sesh!

Impromptu Photo Sesh! 3 years 1 month ago #5061

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Impromptu photo session with my daughter. We were messing around with her chalkboard and got the idea to take pictures. Wish I had a bigger canvas to do some of the ideas we had in mind. Im thinking.....photo project!!

Crits/comments welcomed. Let me know what you think. Side note, I was using the 50mm 1.8. Lighting situation was not ideal, otherwise I would have used a wider lens to capture more of the scene.

Ideas Ideas by moreno1024, on Flickr

Too Close for Comfort by moreno1024, on Flickr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Impromptu Photo Sesh! 3 years 1 month ago #5063

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
hey for not ideal light its not bad. Shadows are nice and soft and the specular highlights on her cheeks give it some dimension. Cute pose too.

Something bothers me about the borders of the chalkboard being cut off. but it may be just me.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Impromptu Photo Sesh! 3 years 1 month ago #5069

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks Brent. Im not fond of the framing either. The chalkboard is really small and on an easel. It didnt help that our space was a little small and couldnt position it to give me a better frame. Im thinking of building my own chalkboard so we can experiment some more. She really had fun and I love the pics.