Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Critique please

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5746

Camera Canon EOS Rebel T3i
Exposure 1/640
Aperture f/9
ISO 400
Focal Length 55 mm

Hi everybody,

I would like to read what you have to say about this picture.

Thanks beforehand.

Bruno.

Swindonian sunset por Bruno Peralta G., en Flickr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5751

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I don't know bout this one, for me it just doesn't work, you have buildings covering up a sunset/sunrise (a sunset/sunrise which I've seen to many times). The buildings have no detail unless you wanted silloutte.

If this were my shot, I don't know that I would keep it because there is nothing of interest, but again, that is me. But if you like it, its all that matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruno Peralta G.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5757

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
It's technically descent, but the problem I think with it is that it is of something the typical human sees daily. It has no impact because its not out of the ordinary.

human perspective looking up to a bright sky obscured by buildings in silhouette. Shot may be more interesting from a different and more rarely viewed perspective.

I'm not one for sharing my really old stuff usually, but here is a video project I made that takes booooooooring and i mean boring Canadian prairies and shows it in a more interesting light.

Its only half descent, I made it like 5 years ago. You can tell because the midi song I wrote really songs like midi lol. and yeah a video on a photo site... sorry but it's relevant I think
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Brent Ross.

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5758

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Wow Brent, very nice show, what software did you use? I can only guess has to how long it took to put all this together. The time lapses are they video sped up or did you actually take photos and put them together in a time lapse?

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5760

• damon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
OMG... the piano.. make it stop. lol. Brent... this was of a good inspiration (this video) and I agree with you and Jerry on the critique of the picture. In Bruno's defense, it can be difficult to find interesting shots when your just starting out because finding the beauty of ordinary objects comes with experience and sometimes you don't have people (who are, in my book) the most interesting subjects at your disposal or even interesting places for that matter.

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5761

I totally understand when you say the picture is something you see everyday. It's a bit difficult to find things to shoot, since I'm just starting to take this seriously. I need to train my eye a bit more, I think.

Still, as Damon said, I'm new to this. I have lots of fun when I'm shooting and learning about photography.

Again, I really appreciate your comments. I have a couple more pictures. It would be nice to listen to what you have to say.

Sony NEX 3
8"
ƒ/22
ISO 200
38 mm

Sony NEX 3
2.5"
ƒ/6.5
ISO 200
29 mm

Sony NEX 3
1/100
ƒ/5.6
ISO 200
53 mm

Sony NEX 3
1/125
ƒ/5.6
ISO 800
55 mm

Sony NEX 3
1/80
ƒ/5.6
ISO 1600
55 mm

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Bruno Peralta G..

Critique please 2 years 8 months ago #5762

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Haha way back then I used
Final cut pro 6.0 for video
Finale 2009 for music
and an old JVC HM700u as the camera
they are XDCAM footage sped up for timelapse
Took a full season spring to fall to capture the seasons

As for the new images I like them all a lot excluding #3 and #5
For number 3 its a good contasty edit but his attention looks shifted to the left of the frame but the frame opens to the right. I do like how the image implies he came out of the lady's washroom :P
For number #5 good perspective but peoples feet are cut off at the ankle, like the girl with the stoller. damn is she pushing it or just letting it roll beside her... badmother

also a side note
that JVC had a rockin' lens

Canon KT14x4
f1.6
4.4mm-62mm
Insane macro

www.expandore.com/product/add/Lenses/Canon/Canonlens_37.htm
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Brent Ross.