Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Photo for Review

More
4 years 2 months ago #3482 by Bill
Hey Cazillions!

This is from a Civil War reenactment that they had over the weekend, what do you think? What do you think about the processing? And as always feel free to be honest :cheer:

Sepia toned by reburg_99 , on Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #3484 by Bill
oh crud.... looks like I posted this in the wrong category, if an admin wants to move it to the correct category thanks

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 2 months ago #3505 by Luke
I like the sepia tone, I think it adds to the picture over a straight black and white. I feel the crop is a little too tight. I would like to see the rim of the cap on the left and not cut off the ear on the right. Overall I like the image.

More
4 years 2 months ago #3532 by Bill
Thanks for your input Luke. It's not cropped, and I defiantly agree it would have been nice to include more of his ear. Something to keep an eye on next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luke

More
4 years 2 months ago #3544 by Conor Casey
I think Luke just highlighted my only gripe about the image. I love the sepia tone and you took the image at a good focal length too so his face looks in proportion. I like his pose and the focus is very nice too.

Good job on the image overall Bill. :side:

Conor Casey
Flickr

More
4 years 2 months ago #3548 by Roy van Ommen
I moved it for you!

Good shot! Nice sharpness and a nice sepia tone..

There are two things which pulls me off

- Cut off the ear and the head
- Its sharp... but i miss a little kick.... maybe somehow with a little more contrast or something? I can't explain exactly what i am missing.. but maybe you will get my point :)

Overall.. Nice! Moved it into Advanced Photographers, because i think you are ;)

Greetings,
Roy