Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: More Flowers

More Flowers 3 years 3 months ago #4843

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I've been busy! here's another shot to check out, let me know what you think. I shot this one with a old Tamron 70-210 F4, mount on a stack of extension tubes. This was shot on a tripod with some fill flash as well.

lillys by reburg_99, on Flickr

thanks,
Bill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

More Flowers 3 years 3 months ago #4848

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Bill,

I think the composition is a little confused here. I think an image like this would look much nicer if it was just of one flower isolated, or maybe of one flower in the foreground and the other in the background. The fact that they are on the same level and almost split down the centre makes it a less interesting shot in my opinion. Flower photos look best when photographed on different planes of focus like in these examples on Flickr:

Flower by @Doug88888, on Flickr

Flower by ►CubaGallery, on Flickr

or when isolated completely:

Flower by ►CubaGallery, on Flickr

Flower yellow by @Doug88888, on Flickr

Just my opinion. You're shot is not bad at all and it's still a perfectly good and pleasing image but I do think it could be improved my employing the above techniques.

Hope that helped. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Conor Casey. Reason: Added Flickr Links
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

More Flowers 3 years 2 months ago #4864

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the input Conor. I definitely see your point, I was trying to get more then just the traditional single flower shot. Too bad the flowers are dead :(, I'd try the shot from a different angle and try to focus more on one of the flowers and blur the other on out some. I might try it in PS but don't think it will look right.

-Bill

More Flowers 3 years 2 months ago #4867

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I have to agree with conor on this one. The photo doesn't draw my eye to any part of it.
On the technical side, seem like the extension tubes are really helping get in tight. I wonder how it compares to the lens reversal method

More Flowers 3 years 2 months ago #4872

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
I don't have reversing adapters that will fit these lenses. :( I think you'll end up with a shallower DOF, otherwise I think it's going to produce similar results.