Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks

Poll: What is your pick?

Austin City Skyline
8 72.7%
Light Trails
1 9.1%
University of Texas
2 18.2%
Total number of voters: 11 ( Mike Lostraglio, mike tompkins, Gabe, Brent Ross, Roy van Ommen ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
5 years 7 months ago #4955 by Roy van Ommen
Roy van Ommen replied the topic: Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks
I have to say, i liked the image you were putting up first. It draws me in somehow and it doesnt bother me personally if the buildings are tilted because, i think its a piece of art.

There are more things in the image which we cannot see with the human eye like the lighttrack etc.

So yeah. This corrected image is ok for me. The most intresting for a print in my opinion. But if i had to order myself a copy, i would go for the one which you posted first.

P.s. Not trying to get you off of something. Go for what feels right :)

Greetings,
Roy
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Grease Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #4957 by The Grease Man
The Grease Man replied the topic: Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks
thanks Roy van Ommen

i personally like the tilted buildings also...i had the sykline w/ moon image done on a 24x36 canvas...picking it up this friday

ill be doing the tilted building canvas in 18x24 also, but thatll have to wait til after the festival unfortunately

More
5 years 6 months ago #5264 by Mike Lostraglio
Mike Lostraglio replied the topic: Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks
I would definitley go with the Austin image. The others are great to but I really like the colors and crispness of the Austin image. BTW, I LOVE to photograph the moon, so kudoos!

More
5 years 6 months ago #5271 by Roy van Ommen
Roy van Ommen replied the topic: Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks

The Grease Man wrote: thanks Roy van Ommen

i personally like the tilted buildings also...i had the sykline w/ moon image done on a 24x36 canvas...picking it up this friday

ill be doing the tilted building canvas in 18x24 also, but thatll have to wait til after the festival unfortunately

Well, i am very curious about your print! :) Can you show it to us?

Greetings,
Roy
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Grease Man

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #5291 by The Grease Man
The Grease Man replied the topic: Help me choose...image for large canvas...thanks
i had maybe a handful of people interested in this canvas, but with the cost of printing + "creative" fee, they just werent willing to spend...then it got scrathed & i didnt want to put out any of my work in that condition, no matter the sale price

here is the canvas i had printed, 24x36
took these photos with my samsung note 3
full image

20131115_191925 by Grease Man Photography , on Flickr

zoomed in on the scratch...i tried to touch it up with felt tip pens...used that technique because i found alot of online "fixes" for canvas scratches which said felt tip would help...but with the gradual change of color, i didnt have the right stuff...so for now, its just a wall hanger in my office

20131115_191737 by Grease Man Photography , on Flickr

at the festival it started to sprinkle very lightly & around here, it usually passes quickly & nothing more comes of it...but this day, it sprinkled, then down poured without much warning...so i was rushing to pull frames off the "walls" of my booth & get them to the center table...i lost 50-60% of prints due to water damage...i just didnt have enough to room to open each individual frame & lay out each photo for proper drying...so the ones i couldnt save ended up sitting the rest of the evening/overnight with water inside & of course when i did get around to taking them out, they stuck to the glass & started to rip...so, yeah...the festival was a complete bomb (close to $1300 invested, $490 of that being booth fee)...didnt sell a single print at the festival & only got 1 online order which stemmed from the festival

if i ever do another festival of this kind, ill know to mass produce small prints & sell them for $10-$15 each instead of having exclusive prints where only 1 was available at that given time...the guy down the street from me who had mass produced photos of, get this, business signs in the Austin area was selling out faster than he could complete transactions

not sure what the buzz is about having a photo of a business sign...but to each his own

here's a photo of what my booth looked like (i later moved 2 big framed prints in front of the table to hide the boxes/misc items)

BVlv-b1CEAE9XUx by Grease Man Photography , on Flickr
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by The Grease Man.