Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Photo for Critique

More
2 years 11 months ago #5571 by jerry
I don't know that I am advanced, but I'm not a newbie, I guess somewhere in between. Could use some thoughts on this. For the first time here, I added a watermark also.

Door County Bakery by jerryfictum , on Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5572 by Brent Ross
i love how this pops out in a cartoonish onslaught of colour.

I'd just watch the saturation clipping on the pink flowers and red flowers. Not sure if there is actually clipping, as the image is so low res.

good pic

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 11 months ago #5573 by Jose Cruz
The exposure looks ok,focus looks good.I think the subject matter is off,there's too much going on.The sign is blocking the view of the house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

More
2 years 11 months ago #5574 by Brent Ross
good point
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

More
2 years 11 months ago #5576 by jerry
The reason I used the sign is because this was a shot I took for a publication about businesses that have been in the county for along time. So the tractor and the sign I thought were a good touch for this bakery. Thanks for the comments

• Bill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Wannbie Photographer from Northern Ireland
More
2 years 11 months ago #5607 by Bill
Hi Jerry,

I think the photo is a little too busy. If the Tractor was removed that would clean the shot up immensely, then shot zoomed in just a pinch and taken from the LHS for a more triangular perspective which would throw the sign over to the right of frame allowing it to be more legible and creating more of a focal point and gateway leading us to the bakery. Or shooting down lower. But the tractor I don't think works right now, but from a different angle somewhere in the foreground perhaps it might. Sometimes compromises have to be made :-)

The focus and and exposure look good ... maybe some chromatic aberrations around the trees, which is easily fixed in lightroom.
Would like to see more of this Bakery though, some story telling photos would be cool.

Photo is nice and vibrant, although the colours might seem too saturated or compressed due to the fact its a scaled down image.

Thats my two cents worth and my opinions only B)

Cheers!
Bill