Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Car photoshoot ;)

More
2 years 4 months ago #6186 by Roy van Ommen
It took a while before i posted something new. Being very busy with everything. My car broke down so i bought another one (second hand..) and i decided to take some pictures of it ;)

www.flickr.com/photos/rvofoto/sets/72157646429662558/

Let me know what you think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #6206 by Roy van Ommen
You guys think nothing? :P

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 4 months ago #6210 by Brent Ross
because of the extreme backlit harsh lighting, there is too great a dynamic range.
You exposed perfectly. You got it in a spot that has everything exposed generally well.
The detail on the car is muted and hidden in shadow because of the lighting. I think HDR would greatly help the images.
If course using Photoshop's merge and open in camera raw feature. None of the bullshit candy cane HDR

More
2 years 2 months ago #6277 by roy panaguiton
hey roy. long time for me to get back in this forum. took a photography time out. lol.
as for your photos, have you tried shooting them in late afternoon or early in the morning? lighting a bit harsh for car photography in day time. as sir brent said, HDR will help. i think i posted some of my car shows photos here. and to be creative try doing it in night using light painting. i need to try this technique myself.
cheers!
roy

More
2 years 2 months ago #6279 by Roy van Ommen
Hmmm.. thanks for the advice... even though.. i think the images are harsh too because of my editting... A lot of contrast and bringing the highlights back to get some sky back in the images....

And... why you were taking a Time-Out Roy? Your images are great. I showed them to some people here and they were impressed about your spider thingies... :p

More
1 year 4 months ago #6473 by Jannatul Ferdous
Why haven't you just use the natural one instead of doing any kind of editing?

More
1 year 4 months ago #6474 by Brent Ross
Because straight out of camera it's a 14 bit monster with a dynamic range that extends beyond the jpeg preview. Editing is about choosing the data you want, and tossing the data you do not want.

Having such a high bit-depth and dynamic range means you can shift exposure and colour and almost never run into posterization and banding.

More
1 year 3 months ago #6480 by Gregory Cazillo
How about an evening shoot with a couple of strobes? As for editing these maybe try dodging the body by about 1/2 stop?