Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Pro vs. Am

More
3 years 10 months ago #3893 by DRB
I wanted to get the opinion to see what denotes a professional photographer verses an amateur? Is it the amount or quality of gigs? Is it the quality of the work? Just what is it so I know whether to call myself a pro or am?? Right now I say Pro/Am...

Thoughts?
DRB
www.blackfirephotography.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #3952 by Mistery
For me if you make more than 75% of your living from taking pictures you're a pro.

D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
3 years 9 months ago #3964 by jerry
its the skills and knowledge of every aspect of photography that separates the pro's and am's. Lots of people out there think that if they have a good camera, they will take a great shot. That mite be 10% true. What makes a great shot is your skills and knowledge of photography, the camera is just a tool. I see some of my work and see what portraits studios do, and there is a difference.

More
3 years 8 months ago #4357 by nathan sterken
Well I took a look through your site and galleries. If your images are not professional, then I don't know what professional looks like and I have not seen it yet. Very nice work.

Did not like the site so much: performed slow and clunky on my laptop but other than that, images look outstanding. :cheer: