Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pro vs. Am

Pro vs. Am 3 years 7 months ago #3893

• DRB
  • Fresh Boarder
I wanted to get the opinion to see what denotes a professional photographer verses an amateur? Is it the amount or quality of gigs? Is it the quality of the work? Just what is it so I know whether to call myself a pro or am?? Right now I say Pro/Am...

Thoughts?
DRB
www.blackfirephotography.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pro vs. Am 3 years 7 months ago #3952

• Mistery
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
For me if you make more than 75% of your living from taking pictures you're a pro.
D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Pro vs. Am 3 years 7 months ago #3964

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
its the skills and knowledge of every aspect of photography that separates the pro's and am's. Lots of people out there think that if they have a good camera, they will take a great shot. That mite be 10% true. What makes a great shot is your skills and knowledge of photography, the camera is just a tool. I see some of my work and see what portraits studios do, and there is a difference.

Pro vs. Am 3 years 5 months ago #4357

Well I took a look through your site and galleries. If your images are not professional, then I don't know what professional looks like and I have not seen it yet. Very nice work.

Did not like the site so much: performed slow and clunky on my laptop but other than that, images look outstanding. :cheer: