Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

× One post per assignment, photos must be taken within 2 weeks of assignment date to be eligible to be featured on the blog and video.

Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1

More
6 years 9 months ago #2957 by Craig Koski
Craig Koski replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
Greg, Thank you for choosing my photo as one of the top three. How exciting to see it in the video. I shared it on Facebook with my photographer and other friends. Hopefully they will start tuning into videos. Thanks again.
Craig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2958 by FF112173
FF112173 replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
I think you chose three technically solid landscapes. Very well done, but none of which were interesting to me. I preferred the one with the bicycle because there was an element of interest. Nothing caught my eye in the others. Please do not take this the wrong way, they just weren't my style. I would have liked to have seen you choose different styles like maybe the few that had people in them. No sour grapes here but you ask what we thought.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by FF112173.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2960 by Olaf Kleemeyer
Olaf Kleemeyer replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
You picked the right ones, Greg. It´s been a lot of fun to go out and take pictures for this assignment. I´ll do so again for #2.
Regards Olaf

Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

More
6 years 9 months ago #2964 by Gregory Cazillo
Gregory Cazillo replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1

FF112173 wrote: I think you chose three technically solid landscapes. Very well done, but none of which were interesting to me. I preferred the one with the bicycle because there was an element of interest. Nothing caught my eye in the others. Please do not take this the wrong way, they just weren't my style. I would have liked to have seen you choose different styles like maybe the few that had people in them. No sour grapes here but you ask what we thought.

You need to reread the post and rules, that photo was not eligible.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2965 by FF112173
So fine, that one was not eligible. My point is I saw three great Landscape photos, but I would have liked you to comment on the other styles. Perhaps the one of the squirrel or the one with the girl on the tracks. Just a different style.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2967 by Jon Lloyd
Jon Lloyd replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
Greg - thanks for choosing my image (or at least one of them!). You mentioned in the video that you weren't sure where it was taken. But yes - Australia - Obviously opposing seasons at the moment! When I walked away from this location after about an hour I was hot, thirsty and I think I might have burnt my head in the sun. It was about 37'C.

This is the exact location if you paste this in to Google Maps. I was looking directly East: -31.695633, 116.036785 (or -31° 41' 44.28", +116° 2' 12.43").

I enjoyed following this and looking at all the different submissions.

I have put a post in my Blog at www.jlphotocreative.com with a link to your video and the image of course. I don't quite have the following you do - if at all actually (sob)... maybe I will get some followers B)

Regards

Jon
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Jon Lloyd.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2969 by Roy van Ommen
Roy van Ommen replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
You all did a great job on this assignment :) I want to point out that its important to read the rules in the first post in front of each assignment to avoid a confusing situation.

And about the "people" discussion, this time there were three good and solid landscape images. The images with people in it where not good enough to beat those landscape images.

Maybe next time! :)

Keep Shooting, and hope to see you all at the next assignment :)

I am proud on what Greg and i reached with the first assignment.

Greetings,
Roy

More
6 years 9 months ago #2970 by finntroll
finntroll replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
Craig, what an awesome shot! Infrared must be really cool to shoot - I love the strong contrast and the reflections, really great job. I also really liked the waterfall of the later posts - nice sunlight coming from the side hitting the water!

And Greg, how cool you picked my photograph, I appreciate you liked and featured it - thank you so much. :) The location is actually in northern Sweden, the time was 1pm when the sun was up highest... Glad to have you and your photography help!

... and Kleemy, I think I know you from the fotocommunity, right? =]

Thanks, and greetings

Finntroll
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Koski

More
6 years 9 months ago #2980 by FF112173
Greg wrote, and I quote, "What do you think of my choices?" I gave my opinion. Responding by saying;

"And about the "people" discussion, this time there were three good and solid landscape images. The images with people in it where not good enough to beat those landscape images.

Maybe next time!"

That tells me nothing. I didn't ask for your opinion, you ask for mine. I don't care that my image didn't get picked, I know it wasn't the best in the group. Once again I will repeat myself, you chose three landscape photos. What did I learn by this? If you ever want an opinion on a Foreground, Middle ground, Background photo then shoot a landscape. I was clear that I would have liked to hear an opinion about the other styles. The car, dog, squirrel or girl sitting on the tracks. Close up vs wide angle vs portrait vs landscape, etc. Thats what I was referring to. "Maybe next time!" Seriously? It's not like like you were giving away prizes. It just went went into short Youtube video. Why not pick 8 photos and discuss the differences and then say these are my three favorite. This is why I hate forums.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2991 by Gregory Cazillo
Gregory Cazillo replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1

FF112173 wrote: Greg wrote, and I quote, "What do you think of my choices?" I gave my opinion. Responding by saying;

"And about the "people" discussion, this time there were three good and solid landscape images. The images with people in it where not good enough to beat those landscape images.

Maybe next time!"

That tells me nothing. I didn't ask for your opinion, you ask for mine. I don't care that my image didn't get picked, I know it wasn't the best in the group. Once again I will repeat myself, you chose three landscape photos. What did I learn by this? If you ever want an opinion on a Foreground, Middle ground, Background photo then shoot a landscape. I was clear that I would have liked to hear an opinion about the other styles. The car, dog, squirrel or girl sitting on the tracks. Close up vs wide angle vs portrait vs landscape, etc. Thats what I was referring to. "Maybe next time!" Seriously? It's not like like you were giving away prizes. It just went went into short Youtube video. Why not pick 8 photos and discuss the differences and then say these are my three favorite. This is why I hate forums.

My goal for assignments and this post is to have people practice, then I pick my favorite photos for the video. If they (or you) want critique on individual photos feel free to post them in the correct category with another post. I don't want to get threads confused and feedback go to the wrong person or photo.

I did ask for your opinion and I appreciate it, definitely taking it into consideration for future posts and videos. Thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2996 by Olaf Kleemeyer
Olaf Kleemeyer replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
Oh my goodness! Nobody should be jealous or huffish, if someone shows better photos than the own! And it´s also a matter of taste!

Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy van Ommen, Marcelo Canda

More
6 years 8 months ago #3352 by Fady
Fady replied the topic: Foreground Middleground Background Assignment #1
my teacher tariq hadi
Attachments: