Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

× One post per assignment, photos must be taken within 2 weeks of assignment date to be eligible to be featured on the blog and video.

Duplicate Photo Assignment #4

More
4 years 1 month ago #3345 by Gregory Cazillo

This week's #KeepShooting Photography Assignment is 'Duplicate'. Find a great photo and do your best to duplicate its lighting, angle, framing, etc. Then take another one to add your own flair. Be sure to post the original and yours to the forum here Duplicate Photo Assignment. Keep shooting!

FYI at the end of this video I remind you how to post photos to the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sseerattan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #3346 by Gregory Cazillo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Cruz

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 1 month ago #3373 by Craig Koski
This is a Thomas Kinkade picture of the Bell Tower in Placerville, Ca.
and my attempt to capture it.

Original

Original by craigkoski , on Flickr

My Photo

Photo by craigkoski , on Flickr

My Rendition

Art by craigkoski , on Flickr

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #3379 by Bill
Here's my effort for the Duplicate Photo Assignment. It turned out to be a lot tougher to get the lighting right then I expected! It was originally shot by Thomas Kettner www.thomaskettner.com/#/beauty2/854 . I ended up editing 2 shots that were slightly different. I hope you like them.

Origional

20-thomaskettner by reburg_99 , on Flickr

Edit 1(I like this one a little better)

Duplicate by reburg_99 , on Flickr

Edit 2

Duplicate2 by reburg_99 , on Flickr

Since there are only 2 entries looks like I got a pretty good shot at making the cut :D! I really liked this assignment Greg, it gave me an opportunity to go out and look at others work and ended up being a good challenge for me
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Bill.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #3391 by Mark
I really didn't have a specific photo in mind, but I've been wanting to try my hand at painting with light for some time, so this challenge gave me an excellent opportunity to give it a try. Having limited space and resources, I had to find a photo that was even remotely possible to duplicate. I found this photo from Nancy, on www.myconeflowerranch.com (as it turns out, this photo was her first try at painting with light, too).

Paint with light 4 by MarkDeibertPhotography , on Flickr

Here is my result, after about 40 attempts...

Gin and Wine by MarkDeibertPhotography , on Flickr

I shot my photo with a 10 sec exposure time at ISO 200 at f8.0, using a mini mag light in a dark room. In comparison, Nancy shot her photo using a 30 sec exposure time at ISO 400 at f8.0.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mark. Reason: bbcode size

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #3393 by Mark Spooner
I love to shoot 1920s style portraits and copy the styles of the photographers from the famous Hollywood days in 1920s-30s. Hope you like this. The original shot was done by E. R. Richee and the model is of course Sylvia Sidney.

Sylvia%20Sidney%20c5ui by Spooner Studios Photography , on Flickr

IMG_9161 by Spooner Studios Photography , on Flickr
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mark Spooner.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #3397 by Bob Quinn
I wanted to isolate the player from the dingy background and make more of a portrait for senior night.
Attachments:

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #3398 by Jon Lloyd
Seems as though the response has been a little lack-lustre, which is a shame and I count myself in that because I had intended to submit - but I have been waaay too busy to organise anything.

I had an image in mind which I will attach. If I get the chance I will try regardless and submit. It was an image I saw in the paper about the TV series Breaking Bad.

It was either that or something from The Sopranos as I have a mate who is of similar build!

Attachments:

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #3406 by dave seymour
well done everyone im enjoying this assignment,

7D. 24-105L.
50mm f1.8
100-400 f4.5.6 IS
430exii.