Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

× One post per assignment, photos must be taken within 2 weeks of assignment date to be eligible to be featured on the blog and video.

Patriotism Photo Assignment #13

More
6 years 3 months ago #4487 by Mike Carnevale
Mike Carnevale replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment

Jim St Croix wrote: Canada Day fireworks.July 01 2013.
These were taken from around 4 miles away on a nearby hill overlooking the city and area of fireworks, using a 55-250 lens.
First time ever shooting fireworks(watched Greg's video on fireworks and went from there).
I was actually a little to tight on a lot of shots and had to pull back to get the larger ones in frame.

Looks like it was a great show! Last night was my first time taking pics of fireworks also. Wish I watched Greg's video on fireworks. I think I got some great shots but yours just pop!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4488 by Mike Carnevale
Wish I had a better fireworks show :)

I just bought my 60D not too long ago and 50mm 1.8. Have to get another lens but do not think they came out to bad from where I was at.

Should have bumped up the aperture some.
f/5.6
ISO 400
5 Second Exposures

4th Of July 2013 by Vector66 , on Flickr

4th Of July 2013 by Vector66 , on Flickr

Got a neat shot when everyone was leaving.

IMG_1897 by Vector66 , on Flickr
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mike Carnevale.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4489 by Julie Anne Moore
Julie Anne Moore replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment
Canada Fireworks! I wish there was more opportunities to practice photographing fireworks.

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Julie Anne Moore.

More
6 years 3 months ago #4490 by Mike Carnevale

Julie Anne Moore wrote: Canada Fireworks! I wish there was more opportunities to practice photographing fireworks.

The reflections are nice.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4492 by Bren Byrne
Bren Byrne replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment
These three photographs contain significant pieces of history for Ireland with our domestic struggles.

1. The Irish Tricolor Flag. The Irish government has described the symbolism behind each colour as being that of green representing the Gaelic tradition of Ireland, orange representing the followers of William of Orange in Ireland, and white representing the aspiration for peace between them

2. The General Post Office (GPO) in Dublin is the headquarters of the Irish Post Office, it is one of Ireland's most famous buildings.

During the Easter Rising of 1916, the GPO served as the headquarters of the uprising's leaders. The building was destroyed by fire in the course of the rebellion. The facade is all that remains of the original building.

Letters, Lives & Liberty, highlights the history of the Post Office and the GPO. The building has remained a symbol of Irish nationalism.

3. Statue of Jame Larkin. In early 1913, Larkin achieved some notable successes in industrial disputes in Dublin; these involved frequent recourse to sympathetic strikes and blacking (boycotting) of goods. Larkin's main aim was to unionise the unskilled workers. He coined the slogan "A fair day's work for a fair day's pay'

4. Nelson's Pillar was formerly located in the centre of O'Connell Street adjacent to the GPO. However the Pillar was destroyed by the IRA in an explosion in 1966. The Spire of Dublin now takes a dominant position on the site of the Pillar.
The Spire of Dublin, officially titled the Monument of Light is a large, stainless steel, pin-like monument 121.2 metres (398 ft) in height, located on the site of the former Nelson's Pillar on O'Connell Street in Dublin, Ireland.

5. The name of the widest street in Europe, O'Connell Street. Named after Daniel O Connell (1775-1847) often referred to as The Liberator or The Emancipator.Life story worth a read.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Bren Byrne.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4494 by Ricky Thomas Cain
Ricky Thomas Cain replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment
I did these for my lodge over the fireworks
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Ricky Thomas Cain.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4497 by The Grease Man
The Grease Man replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment
July 4, 2013...Fireworks from Pflugerville Pfirecracker Pfestival...Pflugerville, TX

shot with Canon 7D & 28-135mm USM kit lens...all at 10sec, f20, ISO400...either 80mm or 105mm

i was trying to submit something away from the "norm" for this assignment, but so far, my helpers/models haven't contacted me in a couple days, so...

pop2-023 by ExplicitSnow , on Flickr

pop1-022 by ExplicitSnow , on Flickr

pop4-020 by ExplicitSnow , on Flickr

pop5-021 by ExplicitSnow , on Flickr
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by The Grease Man.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4500 by David Johnson
David Johnson replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment
My first attempt with fireworks. I just bought my first digital camera six hours before this was taken. I shot this with a Cannon T3i. 18 to 35 lens ISO 100 4 seconds at 4.0.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by David Johnson. Reason: Adding Image

More
6 years 3 months ago #4547 by Mike
Mike replied the topic: Patriotism Photo Assignment #13
This was my second year of trying to shoot fireworks at our family 4th of July party. I am starting to get it down pretty much now.

Tripod, shutter in bulb, aperture F13, remote shutter release.

Just held the shutter button during the launch through the burst.
Attachments: