Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
One post per assignment, photos must be taken within 2 weeks of assignment date to be eligible to be featured on the blog and video.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Assignment #26 - Just Print It!

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6125

The next Keep Shooting! Photo Assignment sponsored by Epson is here! This time the theme is "Just Print It", encouraging you to print your photos and make some kind of memory or photo project with them. Once your project is done, take a photo of the project and post it to this thread. Winners will receive their favorite photo printed by Greg on the Epson 3880. Be creative with your project photo, make it look good!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6147

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
A neat assignment, I have something that I just started working on (a book for someone), but I am sure I will not have a physical copy of it by the time this assignment ends :(
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6152

Post a digital version anyway, you never know...

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6153

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
I wouldn't know how to, I created the book in Aperture 3, how would I even publish it on flickr for here?

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6161

• Federico F.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I ditched the last few assignments, but finally I found the time to shoot photos for your august one (the vacations are helping)!

Here are a few picture I took especially for your assignment, hope you'll enjoy them.

Photo wall by Federico Feroldi Foto

Photo prints by Federico Feroldi Foto

Selecting by Federico Feroldi Foto

Checking my photos by Federico Feroldi Foto, on Flickr

Printed and Framed! 2 years 4 months ago #6164

This is my 5"x30" printed and framed up

Milwaukee Skyline - Framed by Blu3dagger, on Flickr

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 4 months ago #6165

Screen capture and upload a video is what I would recommend for that.

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 3 months ago #6173

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
Well, the book is ordered, could have it by week ends. but i'm going on vacation and probably won't see it till monday the eariest

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 3 months ago #6179

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
When does the assignment end?

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 3 months ago #6180

Greg & Kathy,

This week you talked about photo montages for DIY and I thought I would share this priject.

For the Fire Department's 50 year anniversary, I created a photo montage of members over the years. The result was a 16 x 20 poster that was printed for the members and friends.

I started with a very large blank picture in Adobe Elements and then added each digital picture as a layer, with cropping and scaling to fit. A lot of rearranging pictures to balance the composition. The biggest challenge was computer memory. After adding a number of pictures, I ran out of memory. My solution was to save the work in process after adding 1 or 2 pictures. Then restart the application and add a few more and save again. It took a while but the results were worth it.

When completed I converted the total montage into one JPG picture that I sent to COSTCO for printing. There printed overnight at a cost of $6 each.

Using a poster was a great way to share a lot of memories from the past. Gives everyone a chance to see if they were included.

Here is a link to the finished poster.

www.flickr.com/photos/markpeterson1/1478...et-72157627573842601

Enjoy the week video.

Thanks,
Mark Peterson

BLVFD_50_Year_Cover by markpeterson1, on Flickr
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Mark Peterson. Reason: add bbcode

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 3 months ago #6181

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi,
Recently i did a project for my Diagnostic Imaging Dept .Luckily it coincided with this assignment.This department includes Technologists,Physicians,Nurses,Volunteers,students,and clerical staff,running an imaging department in the local hospital.We do a wide range of medical examinations, and see a wide range of adults and children, in a wide range of medical need. It can be stressful, and sometimes we can forget about ourselves in performing our jobs. I decided we needed something to show appreciation for the members of this large team. The resulting pictures show you what i came up with.

wall1 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

wall2 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

wall3 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

wall4 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

wall5 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

wall6 by Jim St. Croix, on Flickr

I went around with my 7D and 70-200 2.8, and shot every person in my department. I took them where they worked and as we know each other. I let everyone see each picture and if they didn't like it I did it again.(most liked the first try). I had nobody decline getting their picture as i explained it was just for us and we all know how we all look like anyway. People said they took bad pictures, but i assured them i didn't ( got a lot of smiles with that one),and I would not post anything that they wouldn't like.

The wall hanging is actually a piece of 4 x 8 good on one side piece of plywood.Once i decided on what i was going to do with it I drew the design i wanted and cut it out with a jig saw.Each piece has 5 coats of paint each. The pictures are all 4*6 and edited in light room. I had them printed at a local camera store here so i knew the color would be good.They are hung using a hanger system that can be made to fit a wide variety of sizes, and put on with a staple gun to keep them from falling.

The colors are meant to be bold as we work in a sterile environment and i wanted it to stand out and be seen.
The left side has more room to allow people to add their own if they want.

The design shows that although we do different things, together we make it better.

It fits the way the wall is designed with a wrap around effect with a 45 degree piece in the middle.It is held in place with a lot of command strip Velcro.

It is still a work in progress as more pictures will be needed as staff and students come and go.
No names have been added as this ensures interaction among us if we don't happen to remember a certain persons name.

The pictures are NOT sorted in any order as we all work towards the same goals and without one part, patient care would suffer.

So far I've taken 80 head shots with more to come.

The response has been fantastic, with other departments coming to see it and talk about who's who.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Jim St Croix.

Assignment #26 - Just Print It! 2 years 3 months ago #6182

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
Friends of ours got married in court last December, they have a party over the 4th of July and wanted me to take photos of that day, so of course i did. As the day went on I thought about surprising them and create a book. So I took shots I could use for backgrounds.

They had little match boxes on all the tables, as party gifts i guess. Right away I knew this design would be the front cover, the back cover was from stickers they had.

I then used Aperture 3 to create the book and sent it directly to Apple to have it published. I was very pleased with the final results, although I wish I had better creativity. to fancy it up better. They have not seen this yet as it will be a surprise when we see them again.

This is a 24 page book, here are a few of the pages.

page spread by jerryfictum, on Flickr

Page Spread 3 by jerryfictum, on Flickr

Page Spread 2 by jerryfictum, on Flickr

Front by jerryfictum, on Flickr

back of book by jerryfictum, on Flickr
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by jerry.
  • Page: