Written by Gregory Cazillo in the category Photography Thursday July 14th, 2011Excuse my Rant! I just couldn't help it. I've been noticing way too many photos lately that were mediocre but could have been enhanced with better lighting or angle.
In this video I go through a few photos that can give you ideas on how to improve your lighting. Here are a few tips to help even more.
- Study photographs! There is no replacement for studying other photographer's work.
- Try to break down how photographs were lit, position of lights & shadow
- Change the pose or angle for a portrait to get a better result
- Watch the lighting on TV shows or movies. They are great at what they do (most of the time...) so pay attention!
- Last one: keep working at it and practicing! Most great photographs don't fall in your lap, you need to CREATE THEM!