Written by Gregory Cazillo in the category Photography Thursday September 01st, 2011
Keep your requests coming! Continuing my series on Adobe Lightroom I go over how I manage my photos. There are a few steps which are super easy and keep your photos easy to find.Las Vegas Skyline at Dusk by Cazillo, on Flickr
Here are a few more Lightroom videos, enjoy!
- Copy your photos from memory card to the computer in a new folder (inside of your folder archive folder/drive)
- Name the folder YYYYMMDD_clientname_phototype
- Clientname could be location if it is a scenic photo
- phototype is scenic, portrait, wedding, product, etc
- Import into Lightroom adding your metadata preset
- Go through your pitctures for ranking and deletion
- X key for delete, set as reject
- 0 stars for keep photo but don't delete
- 1 star to show client
- 2-5 stars for varing degrees of excellence
- Delete the rejects
- Rename YYYYMMDD_clientname_001.nef
There you have it! Questions? Ask in the comments!!