Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

@Cazillo Newsletter #Cazillions Forum Email #Cazillion Special Offers

Keep Shooting! Monday #13 plenty of news items today!

Watch High Key, Your First Strobe & Rules of Composition on YouTube

Today's Keep Shooting! Monday video I answer some questions about creating high key backgrounds, should you buy a used camera, which strobe to buy first and how to use the rules of composition. I also found a few interesting articles for inspiration and a quick video on the difference between IPS, TN, VA AND PLS LCD panels. Keep shooting!

High Key Photo Assignment images should be posted here

Links from today's video

Wedding PhotographyExample High Key photograph.

Blue Sky Winners

#1 by Chris

#2 by

#3 by Gabe

#4 by Mihai

Security code

0 # Martina Fagan 2013-04-01 16:39
well done to all. A great bunch of images.
Best wishes,
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Julie Anne Moore 2013-04-01 21:26
You really got me with your Cannon comment. I saw it as the subject line to the newsletter and was so confused why an established photographer would switch brands.

Loving the site,

Julie Anne
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Mark 2013-04-02 06:45
Just a quick question about the Amazon link. I buy quite a bit from Amazon, but I think you will only get benefits from the .com link not the (I'm from the UK) is that correct?
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Gregory Cazillo 2013-04-02 11:35
Looking into this again. Thanks.
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Gregory Cazillo 2013-04-02 12:52
Support page has been updated.
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Julie Anne Moore 2013-04-02 09:09
I have a question (Not sure if this is were to post it).

I was reading in a flickr group that the Nikon d90 has a shutter life of 100,000 clicks. I looked into my camera to find that I have a shutter count of about 50,000. Just wanted to know if this is something I should be concerned about, as I was hoping my d90 would last me a few more years before upgrading?

Julie Anne
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Gregory Cazillo 2013-04-02 11:36
If your budget doesn't allow for upgrading to another camera yet then just shoot it until it dies, the value isn't super high for that body so I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe start saving for a D7100 or D600 when you are ready.
Reply | Report to administrator
0 # Bob 2013-04-02 16:40
greg, that was GREAT...that's also just one of the things i love about your site/blog/tutor ials...your dense of humor...i hope next year april 1st falls on a monday... bob
Reply | Report to administrator