Do you print photos for clients? Why or why not?
An article on Petapixel got Greg a little fired up today. It talked about how many photographers 'just stopped' offering prints and took the easy way out by burning a cd and allowing the clients to walk. This hurts the industry not only in sales, but also in the reputation and relationship with have with the public. If you do this its time to stop!
Greg started off today's show discussing his new computer build. See below for a parts list if you want to build your own. Greg also discussed some photography news. Flickr released their 2015 list of most popular images uploaded to their service, updates to Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom Web and a post by The Art of Photography comparing different black and white prints. Keep shooting!
2015 Photographer's Editing PC
I was able to reuse my power supply, case and hard drives. If you need them go ahead and order those items too
- Motherboard - ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI EXTREME http://amzn.to/1NGaaet
- Processor - Intel Core i7-4790K Processor http://amzn.to/1HQTC7J
- System Memory - G.SKILL 16GB Memory (buy 2 for 32GB) http://amzn.to/1HQWmSq
- Video Card - ASUS GTX 970 http://amzn.to/1NGdYN0
- Power Supply - Corsair HX750i http://amzn.to/1NGdGFS
- Solid State Hard Drive - Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDhttp://amzn.to/1NGhEhw
- Operating System - Windows 10 Pro http://amzn.to/1NGdKW1
- Case - Lian Li PC-9NB http://amzn.to/1NGeeLN
- Why Did Photographers Stop Selling Paper Prints? http://bit.ly/photographerssellprints
- Updates to Lightroom for web http://bit.ly/lrwebediting
- Adobe Photoshop CC Updated with Custom Toolbars, Touch UI, and More http://bit.ly/pstoolbars
- Black And White Inkjet Printing http://bit.ly/bwcompare
- Flickr Announces Top Photos and Cameras For 2015 http://bit.ly/2015flickrcameras