STOP saying "300 DPI" and perpetuating the myth!
Greg started off today's show with a bit of a rant on The "300 DPI" Myth. That myth states that any image that is 300 dpi is magically high resolution, and that "300 DPI" images will display better on the web. Both of these are of course false, and Greg talked about his recent post on medium about the 300 DPI Myth and the right way to measure a digital image's quality.
He also talked about his review of the Epson V850 Scanner and an upcoming review of Silverfast scanning software. In the news today was an overview of photographer's clamps by Jay P. Morgan of the Slanted Lens, Adobe's record breaking profits and new updated to Lightroom Mobile, and if formal education for photographers is a good investment. Questions today included Lightroom's Previous Import collection, Epson V850 vs V700 scanners and how I liked Windows 10. Keep shooting!
- PPI Doesn’t Matter (and stop saying DPI) https://medium.com/@cazillo/ppi-doesn-t-matter-and-stop-saying-dpi-99aa5522abd7#.g1u8gl6dn
- Epson V850 Pro Scanner Review http://cazillo.com/articles/45-product-reviews/492-epson-v850-pro-scanner-review.html
- Products supported by SilverFast http://bit.ly/silverfastlist
- Is a Photography Degree a Waste of Time? http://bit.ly/caz-formaledu
- Clamps for Photo and Video: the Basics http://bit.ly/photographyclamps
- Adobe Doubles Profits Thanks to Growth in Creative Cloud Subscribers http://bit.ly/caz-adobedough
- Adobe Lightroom for iOS 2.1 Brings Point Curve, Split Tone, and Live Filters http://bit.ly/caz-lr21